2014 Beauty Favorites


I didn't really plan to do a whole roundup of my top makeup picks this past year, but I noticed that I've found a lot of holy grail products in 2014, so I thought I'd share with you guys some things that I absolutely recommend more than anything!

Mac Pro Longwear NC25Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Buff Beige 825,
Maybelline FIT Me Matte + Poreless 220
If you love high end products, you have to try Mac Pro Longwear especially if you have incredibly oily skin like I do. I reach for this foundation more than anything I've ever owned, but since it's super pricy, I try my best to use it only on long days or special events. 
If you're on a tight budget, I highly recommend the Covergirl Outlast 3-in-1 foundation and Maybelline's new Matte + Poreless (review here). Covergirl 3-in-1 is a long-wearing matte foundation comparable to Revlon Colorstay or maybe even some high end ones, but the one little flaw is finding the right shade because it oxidizes throughout the day.
 
Maybelline's Matte + Poreless, on the other hand, has a great color selection and it truly has an incredible formula. It doesn't stay completely matte by the end of the day, but it's definitely the perfect foundation for everyday use.

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer
I've had this concealer for several months but never really paid attention to it for the longest time, but I finally started wearing it consistently on my undereyes and saw a tremendous difference. It really brightens up the undereye area and doesn't crease at all. I'm sure you've heard just about every beauty blogger rave about this concealer!

Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge
There's so much hype around the Beauty Blender, but I personally think that spending $20 for a sponge is just ridiculous. This $6 dupe blends foundation seamlessly and provides a stunning natural finish. I haven't applied any of my foundations with anything else other than this sponge because it always gets the job done. It even works perfectly for blending out blush or bronzer that might have been applied excessively.

NYX Eyebrow Gel in Chocolate
One of my all-time favorite purchases in 2014 is NYX's eyebrow gel in Chocolate. Ever since I bought this, I completely neglected any other eyebrow product I own. If you're a fan of Make Up For Ever's Aqua Brow, please save yourself a load of money and purchase NYX instead because they're essentially the same product. If you missed my review a few months ago, head over here to read more about its greatness! I honestly have no complaints. I've had it for about 5 months now and I don't even think it's anywhere near halfway empty... and I use it literally every time I go out.

Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Sultry, Maybelline Creamy Matte Lip Color in Touch of Spice 
This past year has probably been the year of lipsticks for me, so it was quite difficult to name a favorite because I tried out so many, but if I really have to choose a holy grail, it would definitely have to be Maybelline's creamy matte lipstick. Touch of Spice is my absolute favorite lip color of life because it has the perfect balance of muted mauve and red and it goes with virtually any look. I'm surprised I don't own the whole collection, but once I get my hands on the rest of the shades, you know there will be a review. 

Another favorite that I discovered earlier this year is Revlon's Colorburst Matte Balm. It doesn't last as long as Maybelline's, which is why it's not exactly on par, but it's a great everyday lipstick. I have two other shades from the collection, but I only truly recommend Sultry. Definitely don't buy the lighter colors.

NYC Liquid Eyeliner
I've owned several brands of eyeliners throughout the 6-7 years that I've been wearing makeup, but I only recently discovered an all-time favorite, and it's this $2 drugstore eyeliner. NYC's liquid eyeliner is all I need to achieve a super matte, jet-black, crisp wing that stays all day long, and for $2? You really don't need anything else.
Ardell Demi Wispies
2014 was also the year I realized that eyelashes really do make a difference. While I haven't found a holy grail mascara yet, I did discover my favorite falsies, and it's the Ardell Demi eyelashes. I initially raved about the ever-so-hyped Wispies, but those were a tad bit dramatic for me to wear on a regular basis. The Demi lashes have the exact same fluttery, "wispy" effect but they look completely natural it's stunning!

Coastal Scents Revealed Palette, Urban Decay Naked Basics
The original Naked palette will always hold a special place in my heart because my closest friends gifted it to me on my 18th birthday and it was also the very first eyeshadow palette I ever owned. While that will always be in my top favorites of all time, I've been using Naked Basics consistently throughout the year because all the shades are matte (and if you haven't noticed this past year, I was all about that matte finish). It might only have 6 shades, but that's honestly all the neutrals you need for an everyday makeup look. 

Another thing I discovered much later in the year (as in just last month) is the Coastal Scents Revealed palette which I also highly recommend, particularly for those on a budget. It has twenty neutral shades with various finishes, so the number of looks you can create with it is limitless!

Benefit Hoola Bronzer
I'm 100% certain that my obsession with bronzers solely began with Benefit's Hoola. This is probably the only high-end product that I can see myself repurchasing constantly because it truly is the perfect contour shade. I don't want to rave too much about it because I already did a review, but to be concise, all I can say is that it has gorgeous packaging, looks incredibly natural, and stays all day despite it being a powder.

That concludes my top beauty picks of 2014. I hope this helped you narrow down your makeup wishlist for this year! I sincerely recommend every single one of these products, so I assure you that you won't be disappointed with any of them if your taste in makeup is anywhere similar to mine!
 
Thanks so much for stopping by as always, and thanks for a great year!
xoxo,
post signature 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top