September 2017 Favorites


The end of September marked my first week of school this year, so you can probably guess why this post is going up later than usual. It's already been quite a hectic week, but I took the time to write this entry to show some of my staples for the month. Keep reading to see my September picks!
Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation, 230
I've played around with a handful of samples to make sure I invest in the right shade, and three little containers later, I opted for 230 — a medium with neutral undertones. The downside of having such a vast collection of different shades is that it'll take some trial and error to find the perfect undertone, but the fact that RiRi accounted for the whole spectrum of skin tones certainly outweighs that minor struggle. Shades aside, this foundation was incredible just upon my first impression and the wear throughout the day certainly didn't disappoint. It's super lightweight yet provides medium to full coverage, and the finish is very matte which is perfect for my oil slick of a skin. The scent is absolutely pleasant as well, so thus far I have no complaints and this one definitely falls under my top 5 foundations of all time.
Neutrogena SkinClearing Oil-Free Makeup, Natural Beige 20
On the drugstore end of things, Neutrogena sent me a whole set of their SkinClearing collection to promote the campaign. This is the first foundation of the brand that I've tried and I must say that it's quite impressive! It's my new go-to everyday base for sure if I'm not abusing my favorite Fenty foundation.
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder Mini
I hopped on the bandwagon but wasn't quite ready to fully commit, so I got a sample size of this blogger favorite loose powder. I must say that I'm definitely impressed with how finely milled it is and how flawlessly it sinks into the skin. I'm still contemplating on dropping $40 on the full size, but for now, I'm sure this one will last me a while.
Colourpop No Filter Concealer, Light Neutral 15 & Light 20
My Tarte Shape Tape is starting to dry out and as much as I loved that heavy-duty concealer, I wanted to venture into more high-quality drugstore priced ones. Colourpop, as usual, released another major drop that everyone was raving about, so I thought I'd get my hands on a couple of these highly acclaimed concealers. The formula is incredibly lightweight yet provides full coverage and you only really need a little bit because of the high pigmentation. While Tarte remains one of my holy grails, this one is surely something I won't have a problem restocking!
The Original Beauty Blender
The Real Techniques sponge is an oldie but a goodie, but it wears down way too fast so I thought I'd finally invest in a better quality sponge. While both are extremely similar in terms of application, the Beauty Blender is much more bouncy and less absorbent, which allows me to save more product.
Real Techniques Expert Face Brush
When I'm not using a sponge, I've been reaching for this buffer brush from Real Techniques, which is perfect for blending foundation in all areas of the face. The size is quite small for a face brush. but I like how it can easily go into the crevices that a sponge can't always reach. I also find that it doesn't leave streak marks like some foundation brushes do.
Nudestix Nudies All Over Face Color Matte, In the Nude
As I've said before, I've been all about that minimal radiant makeup where my skin is my top priority, and I find that cream blushes provide that youthfulness the best. This reddish coral blush stick from Nudestix has been in my reach whenever I'm going for an effortless "no makeup" look and I find that it adds just the right amount of flush of color to my pale complexion.
Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask
Lip care is often neglected in beauty regimes but ever since using this lip mask, I've noticed a considerable difference in the way my lipsticks wear throughout the day and my lips feel much softer and plumper. I'm sure this will last me several months or maybe even a year because of how little I need every night.


I'm known to switch hair colors every so often, but I think I'm finally gonna take a long break from those style antics and keep my hair as natural as possible for a while. Amanda Bock from Kamp Hair Studio restored my natural hair color after I've had it dyed for nearly 8 years. It's quite a drastic change to go from blonde to jet black, but I absolutely love how much healthier it looks. Plus, I don't need to worry about frequent root touchups and dropping hundreds at the salon every few months.

That wraps up this month's favorites! I'm pretty sure I'm missing a few things but I'll probably include those in next month's entry. Fall quarter marks the beginning of my nursing school journey, so this blog will most likely fall on a lengthy hiatus with the occasional one or two posts every now and then. Nonetheless, I still hope y'all stick around and feel free to check for updates on my Instagram

'Til next time.
xoxo,
signature

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top