July 2016 Favorites


July has been quite an exciting and eventful month, so let's just go straight into some of my favorite things!
L'Oréal® Paris Infallible Pro-Glow Foundation, Natural Beige 205
All of my super matte and full-coverage foundations aren't really ideal for summer so I've been looking into lightweight and dewy products for a change, which is way out of my comfort zone. Surprisingly, I fell in love with this new release by L'Oreal. It gives the most gorgeous glow for something that has no shimmer or glitter, and despite being a super dewy finish, it stays put on my oily skin all day long which is pretty incredible. There's something about the formula that allows the product to just sink into the skin, so it doesn't break apart on my oily areas at all as most matte foundations tend to do. All I have to do is blot once or twice a day and I'm good to go!
Pony Effect Ultimate Prep Primer & Fixi Eye Primer
Speaking of my makeup staying put, I truly believe that this face primer has been helping a lot as well. As an ambassador, I haven't been this excited about a Memebox product in a while, so these primers have been quite game-changing. I also love the luxurious packaging and the great amount of product that the face primer comes in. I'll surely get a lot of use out of this one.
NYX Tres Jolie Gel Pencil Liner, Pitch Black
My favorite beauty guru, Kathleen Lights, has raved on and on about this eyeliner for months so I thought I'd finally give it a shot. My first impression wasn't so great because it didn't seem as pigmented as I would've liked on my waterline, but overtime it's gotten much darker for some reason. It also doesn't smudge throughout the day so I never really need to touch up.
Milani Blush Baked Powder, Luminoso
I know I'm a few years late on the hype, but I finally purchased Luminoso by Milani and it's been the only blush I've been reaching for ever since. It's the perfect peachy color with a subtle sheen for that summer glow and it's actually quite natural. 
Milani Amore Matte Lip Creme, Loved
I also managed to pick up one of their liquid lipsticks in Loved, which is an absolutely stunning terracotta shade that I always gravitate towards as you guys already know. I guess some things never change even though I've been venturing into other lip colors.
Smashbox Always On Matte Liquid Lipstick, Driver's Seat
Speaking of my kind of shade, this one was calling my name at Sephora so I just had to get it. In my defense, it has a slightly different undertone than all the other terracottas in my collection - it has more of an orange tint in it which makes it the perfect summer option. It's been my go-to lip color ever since I bought it because I find it to be the most long-lasting and the formula, while super matte, is actually very comfortable.
COVER FX Custom Enhancer Drops in Moonlight
I'm all about that intense highlight this season and when I saw this circulating around Youtube, I had to try it out for myself. However, I don't think I can put aside $42 on a little bottle of highlighter just yet, so I got samples instead. I literally just need to dab my finger ever so slightly on the product and it's more than enough pigment for my cheekbones. While the full-size bottle only comes with 0.5 oz, it'll surely last you a very long time because of how little product you need. It gives me that "wet" glow that's super intense but natural if that even makes sense. I don't know, you just have to see it for yourself!
Derma E Hydrating Night Crème with Hyaluronic AcidFirming DMAE Moisturizer
Derma E sent me a surprise package just before the event that I'll be talking about shortly, and these products have easily made their way to my everyday and nighttime routine. These creams are so gentle and soothing on the skin and I haven't had a single dry area on my face ever since I've been using them religiously. Derma E is also 100% vegan, so it's super healthy, safe, and non-irritating so definitely check them out at Target or dermae.com!
Forever 21 Cropped Sweater Cami
It's been getting real hot here in SoCal, so crop tops are an absolute must and this one happens to be what I've been reaching for the most. I loved the V-neck cut and the super cute caged detailing on the sides so much that I even bought it in another color.
Fashion Q Floral Off-Shoulder Crop Top
Cropped fit and off-shoulder neckline are a match made in heaven for a boho-chic enthusiast like me, so this top has certainly been a major favorite. The floral print also makes it the ultimate summer staple! I can practically wear this top to any event, whether it's casual or a little fancy.
Forever 21 City Eco Tote
Summer's all about beach days and one of the biggest essentials for the season is definitely a beach tote. This one is such a cute little number that features some of the major cities around the world. It's a basic tote that you can effortlessly walk around with when you're hanging at the beach.
Forever 21 Maxi Skirt
Finding the perfect maxi skirt as a petite person is such a struggle, so when I found this, I definitely didn't hesitate to get it. I actually bought it specifically for a beach house event because I needed some kind of coverup for my swimsuit and this skirt definitely did the job. I can also dress it up or down depending on the top I'm wearing, so it's surely been quite a necessity in my summer wardrobe.
Now for the cherry on top of this fantastic month, I got to go to my first ever blogger event which was so beyond incredible. Thanks to Derma E, I got to experience the beautiful scenery in Malibu at a surreal mansion overlooking the gorgeous Zuma beach. Meeting other bloggers and spending the day with a close friend at this unreal resort was just the kind of getaway I needed. Be sure to check back in a few days for my vlog and an even more in-depth post on this perfect summer day!

Anyway, that wraps up my monthly favorites. It doesn't seem like much, but this month has been an absolute blessing and definitely the best of my summer so far! I hope y'all had a great one as well. 'Til next time!

xoxo,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top