October/November 2016 Favorites


I lagged big time on my October favorites, so I figured I'd just combine them with the things I've been loving this November as well. Read more for a whole lot of gems that I've uncovered these past couple months!
Morphe x Kathleen Lights Palette
As y'all know, Kathleen Lights is my favorite beauty guru on Youtube so I always manage to cop anything that she's worked on so far. I'd say this is my favorite collaboration of hers to date because not only is it with a new brand that I've been meaning to try, but it also has my exact taste in shades. The yellowish brown on the bottom right corner has been my absolute favorite crease color, which you can see on the photos above. It's such a unique yet super wearable shade and it goes with just about any look. The pigmentation and formula of these eyeshadows are unreal - probably my favorite among all of my eyeshadow palettes... and that says a lot!
Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip, Speed Dial; Ultra Satin Lip, November & Calypso
Colourpop never fails to deduct money from my bank account especially when they keep releasing all these super exciting new products. I bought quite a few from their Fall Edit and peach collections, most of which I've been wearing throughout these past couple months. Speed Dial is my new favorite everyday MLBB shade for sure, and November & Calypso are typically for when I'm feeling a little more feminine. I absolutely love the Matte X formula as well after playing with their peach shades, so I'll be sure to grab a few more in the future.
Smashbox Always On Liquid Lipstick, Out Loud
This liquid lipstick is pretty much an exact dupe for Ofra's Miami Fever, but I like Smashbox's formula just by a hair so I got one in another color. I'm all about dusty terracottas in the fall, but this shade can easily be worn all year as well. 
Lancôme Drama Liqui-Pencil, Noir Intense & Ampoulé
I'm not a fan of pencil eyeliners even if they're kajal, but these are incredibly creamy that they glide on as smoothly as retractable gel eyeliners. The pigmentation is the best part though; I don't think I've ever had a black pencil eyeliner this pigmented! They're also super easy to sharpen so these are basically fuss-free in every way.
Ardell Wispies #600
I've been obsessed with House of Lashes all year, but sometimes their eyelashes are a little too extra for everyday use, so I went back to my Ardell Wispies and rediscovered my love for these ones. They resemble HOL's Bambie but these are a lot more wearable for an everyday look.
Essence Pure Nude Highlighter, Be My Highlight
I can't step out the door without a blinding highlight, but sometimes I also want a subtle natural glow without all the sparkle. This highlighter is perfect for those who have texture because it doesn't emphasize pores, fine lines, or bumps since the glow is so soft and natural. It's also a universal shade, so I'm sure it'll look stunning on darker skin tones as well.
derma e Hydrating Serum
Derma e sent me a surprise care package with a couple of their new products in the rebranded packaging. It's truly the one skin care brand that I stand by because their organic formula always leaves my skin feeling super healthy and radiant. It's the kind that would never irritate your skin or give you that chemical-y feeling like many skin care products do, so if you have sensitive skin, definitely check out derma e!
OOTDFash Royalty Vintage T-shirt, Grey
My style is either full-on boho chic or super lazy with a lot of edge, and this top is clearly an epitome of the latter. It instantly caught my attention because of the oversized fit, vintage design, and crazy distressed detailing, making it the perfect top for me to lounge around and run errands in. 
Loose Back Lace Up Plunge Neck Sweater, Gray
It hasn't been the coldest fall this year, but whenever it gets a little chilly I always pick up this sweater for a quick casual look that's super stylish yet comfortable. I love lace-up detailing and oversized sweaters, so this definitely tops my fall wardrobe.
Threadless S.T. Hoodie
If you haven't heard of Stranger Things, better hop on that cult-favorite bandwagon because it's such an amazing show! This is hands-down my favorite hoodie ever for that reason, and the way it's illustrated is absolutely adorable! The ode to ET, the Eggos, the kids on the bike - only true fans would get it! ;) 
Tall Tale Over-The-Knee Chunky Boots
It's finally starting to feel like winter so I've been busting out these gorgeous thigh high boots all month. It's almost a miracle that they hug my legs so perfectly as most thigh highs tend to fit loosely, but these are super tight but not to the point that they're uncomfortable. I've been wearing them with all of my oversized knit sweaters as you can see from my Instagram outfits lately.
JORD Wood Watches, Frankie SeriesDark Sandalwood & Smoke
I received this lovely watch from JORD Wood Watches and it's definitely been a nice statement piece to add to an everyday outfit. I haven't worn a watch in years but I'm glad I now get to keep track of time without having to pull up my phone.
Forever 21 Layered Choker Necklace
I've been really into dainty chokers lately especially this little number. It adds such a classy touch to any outfit, so it's been my go-to accessory lately for just about any occasion.
Vintage Style PU Leather and Black Design Women's Backpack
Huge thanks to Rosegal for sending over this adorable leather backpack that's become my everyday school bag. Believe it or not, everything I need for school fits inside this little bag - my Macbook, notebooks, makeup essentials, and my huge water bottle! The quality is quite impressive and it's such a versatile piece that goes with virtually every outfit I wear.
Nectar Irvine
Nectar Clothing recently opened up a location right by my university campus and I've been going there at least once a week ever since. Their aesthetic is essentially a personification of my style - as my sister said, it's like my soul in the form of a clothing store! The best part is that it's totally affordable, so if you're always lusting over high-end vintage brands like Free People and Anthropologie, Nectar is basically the same but on a budget.

That wraps up my fall favorites! December's surely gonna be a wordy one because of all the holiday shopping I've been doing lately. I also have quite a few entries lined up featuring collaborations with some brands, so stay tuned!

'Til next time!
xoxo,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top