January 2017 Favorites


January was off to a great start then it decided to curse me with the flu, forcing me to be on bedrest for the past two weeks... but on the bright side, here are all the new products I've discovered and loved this month!

L'Oréal Paris Infallible Total Cover Foundation, 305 Natural Beige
I'm always on a hunt for a good drugstore foundation and I'd say this one definitely makes my top 5. Beauty bloggers who have reviewed this product either loved it or hated it, but it's personally perfect for my oily skin and full coverage needs. All I need is one layer and the redness and scars are completely covered. I gotta say though, finding the right shade was such a struggle. I had to return two shades (302 & 303) before I found my perfect match. The packaging is definitely deceiving so make sure to do lots of research on swatches! 

wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation, Soft Beige
Another new drugstore foundation hit the market and it's been getting all the  hype lately because it's super cheap yet it performs like a high-end product. I have yet to play around with this one more, but I do love how flawless it makes my skin look especially in photos. This will for sure be my go-to for events where I know I'll be taking lots of pictures! Also, I got this from the website and the shade turned out to be a perfect match because they include accurate descriptions on the packaging which I thought was much needed.
NYX Away We Glow Liquid Highlighter, Crystal Glare
\Y'all know that I can't live without a good highlight and I'm so glad that I discovered a new gem in the drugstore. This highlighter is absolutely amazing and extremely affordable ($7)! I'm not a huge fan of liquid highlighters because they often remove the foundation underneath when I try to blend the product, but this doesn't do that at all even when I've already set my face and undereyes with powder. It also gives such a stunning natural glow (no shimmer/glitter) but it can be built to an intense blinding highlight. It kind of reminds me of the Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops but this one's a fraction of the price which makes it so much better! If you're looking for that wet-looking highlight, you'll love this one for sure.

wet n wild Color Icon Bronzer, Reserve Your Cabana
Speaking of a natural highlight, here's another gem from wet n wild that I just discovered. I have the bronzer version of this but I never knew that it came with a highlighting shade. This is definitely one of those subtle "glow from within" highlights which is perfect for an everyday look. I love applying it over the NYX liquid highlighter that I just mentioned because it makes the perfect topper whenever I need to intensify it even more. 
Tarte Double Duty Beauty Shape Tape Contour Concealer, Light Sand
I mentioned this concealer in my December Favorites post but I grabbed another shade specifically for my undereyes. The first shade I purchased was Light Medium but it was too close to my natural skin color so it didn't do much for my undereyes as far as brightening goes, but this one in Light Sand is absolutely perfect for that. It's also a lot more yellow-toned which goes better with my skin tone.
Colourpop Matte X Lippie Stix, Goal Digger
Bumble was my OG favorite from Colourpop and my whole liquid lipstick collection in general, so when I found out that they came out with a Matte X formula, I had to make an impulsive order. This one is called Goal Digger but it's meant to be the exact replica of Bumble, just in lippie stix form. I'd say they nailed it with the shade! This has easily become one of my everyday lippies whenever I don't feel like rocking a heavy liquid lipstick, and it reminds me of back when I would wear Bumble every single day.

Borboleta Volume Eyelash Extensions by Anna
I finally got to try eyelash extensions and I'm so satisfied with how they turned out! Waking up with full luxurious lashes is pretty darn cool and I love that I don't have to pack on any mascara to make my lashes longer and fuller. I wrote all about these lash extensions in this post, so make sure to give it a read if you're interested! Also check out Anna from @lashywithme, who is the talent behind this stunning set of lashes!
Wet Seal Aquarius Zodiac Choker Necklace Trio
I'm always a sucker for chokers and dainty jewelry and this kinda has the best of both worlds. I've been wearing this almost every day because it just goes with any outfit I wear, plus, it's got an Aquarius symbol which is my zodiac sign!
If you didn't know already, I went back to brown after just two weeks of being blonde. I gotta say it feels so much better to be a brunette again! I absolutely loved experimenting with unicorn colors, especially my favorite color purple, but it's nice to finally go back to normal and not draw so much attention from the public. I've actually never had this shade of brown before so technically it's something completely new to me. For more details on what dyes I used and the whole process of going from blonde to brunette, check out the last post I wrote here!
That wraps up my first set of favorites in 2017! I'm still sick as I write this entry, but hopefully I'll feel much better on my birthday which is a week from now. Crossing my fingers that February treats me well!
'Til next time!
xoxo,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top