December 2016 Favorites


To wrap up 2016, here's my last set of favorites of the year. Read more for all the products I've been loving over the holidays as well as a quick reflection of how my year went!
Tarte Double Duty Beauty Shape Tape Contour Concealer, Light Medium
I've been wanting to try this highly acclaimed concealer but it was always sold out both in stores and online. I finally got a hold of it and it's definitely been a holy grail product! It's super full coverage with just one layer so it conceals my bags and blemishes perfectly. It's not cakey which is impressive for something with full, thick coverage.
Preen Me Tastemakers Box
I've been selected as one of the members of Preen Me's Tastemakers Club, which essentially consists of an exclusive group of influencers who test and review unreleased beauty products. I can't show what's inside the box just yet because it's a confidential project, but I'll just say that it comes with a ton of incredible face products that have been some of the best I've ever tried. As soon as the products go out in the market, I'll definitely let you guys know what they're all about!
NYX HD Finishing Powder, Banana
I needed a brightening setting powder for my undereyes and this one certainly does the job. It keeps my undereyes from creasing as well and the yellow tone is perfect for brightening any dullness.
Colourpop Ultra Satin Lip, Wink
The holiday season is all about bold makeup, and this liquid lipstick is absolutely perfect for that. While this color isn't the festive red lip that you'd think of for holiday parties, it's still a nice option to pair with deep glittery smokey eyes. I also love wearing it with minimal eye makeup because it give s a nice pop of color to a plain look.
JORD Wood Watches Frankie Series, Dark Sandalwood & Smoke
If you haven't checked out my collaboration with JORD Wood Watches, click here for everything you need to know about this lovely watch. This has been my everyday accessory for the past month for both casual and special occasions. There's just something about it that's so unique and classic at the same time.
Derma E Purifying Daily Detox ScrubPurifying 2-in-1 Charcoal Mask
Derma E always comes through with the best surprise packages. They recently sent me these skin care products in their brand new packaging. The charcoal scrub arrived at the perfect time because I've been needing a new cleanser to try out and this one has easily replaced my old favorites.


Speaking of surprise packages, Barbara and Virginia from Derma E sent me this lovely Tillandsia for the holidays. I've always wanted an air plant to add some life to my room and this is absolutely perfect!
Love Culture Teal Knit Lace Up Sweater, Nectar Clothing Paisley Oversized Sweater Top
This hasn't been the coldest winter but that didn't stop me from cozying up in some of my favorite sweaters. If you haven't noticed already, I pretty much own a lace-up sweater in every color but these have gotta be my absolute favorites. Oversized knit sweaters are the most comfortable winter essentials, so these have been well-loved this season.
 
That wraps up this year's last monthly favorites post! 2016 has definitely had its ups and downs - a little more of the latter for me personally. While I've worked with even more brands and have gained some new and exciting experiences as a blogger this year, it's also been a time where I've felt the most uninspired as a content creator. You might've noticed it in my lack of creative content that doesn't involve sponsorships or collaborations, which I know makes me look like a sell-out but I wanted to keep publishing every month to maintain consistency. I'll try to post more original content in the upcoming year, but I can't promise a great amount of growth for this blog as I'll be focusing a lot more on school. With that said, I'd just like to thank anyone who still supports me as an influencer and genuinely enjoys my posts.

'Til next year!
xoxo,

Share:

0 comments