Simple Travels: New Year's Eve at Las Vegas, New Years at Mount Charleston, 2016 Reflection


My family and I typically spend this time of the year either at home or at a party with the whole extended family, but this year we figured we'd go to Vegas which is probably the most lively place to celebrate the new year. Read more for photos of my last set of adventures of 2016 and my first for the New Year!


New Year's Eve




We spent New Year's Eve at Circus Circus and walked around The Strip for the countdown and fireworks. It wasn't as crowded as I expected but it was definitely colder than my California-spoiled self can handle. It was a nice walk nonetheless and we ended the night having KBBQ until 2 a.m., which is quite possibly the best meal to have for the first day of 2017! 

New Year's Day





We spent the end of our trip at Mount Charleston playing with snow and taking a ton of family photos then wrapped up the day at Jinya, our favorite ramen restaurant! It was a much needed getaway - certainly the perfect way to say goodbye to a year I'd rather forget and a great way to welcome a new year which I'm hoping will be miles better.

Reflecting on 2016
As I mentioned at the end of my December Favorites post, this year hasn't been the best for me personally. The first half of 2016 was an absolute blast, from dyeing my hair purple to attending my first blogger event, but as the year progressed, I've just been completely uninspired both as a content creator and as a person. I definitely haven't been at my best because something in me just didn't feel good enough. It was probably the worst time for me to meet people because I wasn't completely myself despite all the growth I thought I had achieved over the past couple years, but I know it's just a minor phase in a life of a typical lost soul in their 20s, so I'm sure that I'm not the only one going through it. As for the future of this blog and my influence as a content creator, I can't promise to be as dedicated as I was when I first started but I'll try as much as I can in 2017. I started blogging three years ago because I didn't have much going on in my life, and this is a creative field that I'm truly invested in, but now that I'm starting nursing school in the fall, I'll have to dedicate most of my time to my studies. In any case, this platform will always be a way for me to unwind and express myself artistically, so I hope y'all can still stick around! Thanks to anyone who's always been supportive of my style & beauty endeavors. 

I truly hope you guys have a much better year especially if 2016 didn't give you the best time of your life. Let's ring in the new year with goals, kindness, and happiness in mind!

Happy New Year!
xoxo,

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. You are looking awesome. You should also carry the walking aids, shoe accessories, walking frames to go on hiking. These items will help you to avoid small accidents.

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top