February 2015 Favorites


February was my birth month, so I definitely took the time to treat myself with a bunch of beauty and fashion gems. This one's going to be a long one because I found a lot of holy grails this month, so keep reading to find out what they are!
Girlactik Matte Lip Paint in Demure
I've been wanting to try a high-end matte liquid lipstick for a while now, and I finally got my hands on one of Girlactik's lip paints! It seems like one of the lesser-known brands, but the product is absolutely perfect. It goes on smoothly, lasts all day long, and is completely transfer-free. The color is also incredibly gorgeous and sultry, and this kind of shade is obviously right up my alley. I recently did a review on it, so head over here for more photos and details!
Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1 Mascara - $10
I've never had a holy grail mascara until I bought this deluxe sample from Tarte. It seriously makes my eyelashes look like falsies! Not only is it lengthening and volumizing, but it also separates my eyelashes really well and provides a natural, wispy look. I assure you, my bare eyelashes are nowhere near this voluminous!
NYX Highlight & Contour Pro Palette
The Anastasia Contour Kit has been getting all the hype lately, but it's still beyond my budget so I thought I'd try out NYX's brand new contour palette instead. I must say that it has easily become my holy grail after just one use. It has a variety of shades for every skin tone and it's extremely soft and pigmented! Some of the contour shades have also been my favorite eyeshadows this month especially #5, so this palette is definitely a multi-tasking product as well. My absolute favorite shade is #7 because it's literally the perfect contour shade for my skin tone. It also looks super natural and stays put all day long. Read my review here to know more about the palette!
NYX Tame & Frame Tinted Brow Pomade in Brunette
I have a major love-hate relationship with this brow pomade, which I'll definitely explain more in a review that I'm currently working on. It does fall on this month's favorites though because I love the natural end result and it does last for hours. It just takes quite a bit of patience to apply. 
NYX HD Blush in Amber
NYX is clearly on a roll with their spring collection because I've been seriously loving all the new releases that I bought. Here's one of their new HD blushes in Amber, which is sort of a dark peach color that's great for spring and summer. It's super pigmented and lasts impressively long for a drugstore product.

Maybelline Master Conceal in Light/Medium
I've heard great things about this concealer, so I decided to try it out and I'm actually super impressed! It's quite a thick formula, but it's not cakey at all. No other concealer has matched my skin tone more perfectly than this, so if you're someone with strong yellow undertones, then I highly recommend it!
Neo Cosmo Queen 4-tone Series in Hazel
I'm finally back to reviewing contact lenses after a brief hiatus, and the most recent one I received certainly falls on my all-time faves (review coming soon). It's still a light brown color that I always gravitate towards, but I don't have this kind of warm, orangey shade in particular. It's absolutely stunning and natural-looking, and I think it's the perfect accessory to make a subtle statement.

Valentia Even Glow Serum
Valentia sent this serum to me to review, and I've honestly been loving it. I only apply it before I go to bed, and I wake up with the most moisturized, glowing skin! It has also brightened my complexion considerably and evened it out a bit. 

InstaNatural Dead Sea Mud Mask
InstaNatural sent me this mud mask to review as well, and it's been a crucial part of my skin care routine lately. I only use it once a week as indicated, but every time I wash it off, my skin always feels so refreshed, radiant, and clear. I can't wait to see the results in the long run!
Vaseline - Target
Here's something I'm sure everyone has in their medicine cabinet. I've been using it specifically for my eyelashes because I heard that it helps them grow longer and fuller. Believe it or not, it actually works! I've been using it for a couple weeks now and I can already see impressive results. I'm actually thinking of doing a post on it to show just how incredible the transformation has been. The dramatic changes were first visible to me when I would apply my mascara and I'd see how significantly longer they are than before.
I actually have a DIY version of this bralette, but the straps kept snapping, so I just bought a $6 one from eBay, which I've been using quite often this month. I just love how it spices up the simplest outfits!
Garage Clothing Blue Aqua Crop Roller Jegging
Even back when I used to be obsessed with buying jeans, I never really found a pair that fit me perfectly particularly because of my height, but this falls right on my ankles and it seriously fits me like a glove. It's also super high-waisted, so it provides an illusion of a super flattering silhouette on my shapeless frame.   

Mend in Minutes Fabric Glue - Michaels
I don't know why I've never featured this in a monthly favorites before, but this has been such a lifesaver whenever I need to alter any of my ill-fitting clothes. It saves me loads of time because I don't need to go through the tedious process of hand-sewing.
Firmoo Eyeglasses #F020
I've never stepped outside my house with my old glasses on ever since I got contacts in my senior year of high school... mainly because those frames did not look cute. I finally got to replace them with these super chic oversized specs, and I actually like going out wearing them now. They were also extremely affordable, so I highly recommend shopping at Firmoo especially because you get your first frames for free!


I'm absolutely head over heels for this necklace as you can tell from my recent outfits on Instagram. I can wear it with anything from casual to fancy outfits and it's just the perfect statement piece! I'm definitely more into the brassy side of jewelry, so this instantly caught my attention. Come to think of it, I barely own any kind jewelry other than brassy, earth-toned pieces.

Well, it's been a good month for me because I got to spoil myself more excessively than I usually do, so I apologize for the long entry. I hope you enjoyed it anyway and thanks for stopping by!
xoxo,
post signature 

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as though you relied on the video to make your point. You obviously know what youre talking about, why waste your intelligence on just posting videos to your site when you could be giving us something informative to read?Colored Contacts for Astigmatism

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top