July 2017 Favorites


I've got another set of favorites for this super fast-paced month, so just keep reading and let's get on with it!
Colourpop Blotted Lip, Candyfloss
Another month, another Colourpop favorite! Their Ultra Matte Lip in Speed Dial has been a longstanding favorite of mine, but this one easily took over that spot. I've been all about liquid lipsticks for the past couple years, but there's something about this formula that I absolutely love. It's almost like those natural Korean lip tints that give you such a healthy, youthful look. That's kind of been my aesthetic lately - minimal makeup that focuses on natural rosy cheeks and lips, feathery bold brows, and a healthy glow-from-within highlight, and I feel like this product perfectly ties that look together.
Kevyn Aucoin The Contour Book The Art of Sculpting + Defining Volume II
While I haven't been contouring my cheekbones lately, this kit is probably my new favorite contour and highlight palette thus far. The sculpting powder is the perfect cool-toned taupe that doesn't look ashy on the skin. I typically use this shade to contour my nose since it looks quite natural on my complexion. Huge thanks to Kevyn Aucoin and Octoly for sending me this amazing palette!
Maybelline FitMe Loose Powder, 20 Light Medium
Maybelline released a loose powder version in their Fit Me line and I obviously had to try it out since I'm an avid fan of the collection. I'm usually more into translucent loose powders but this one surprisingly impressed me. It gives my skin a flawless finish and actually keeps the oils at bay for at least a few hours. It might be a little dark for me once winter hits though, so I'll have to purchase a lighter shade until then.
COVERGIRL® Vitalist Healthy Elixir Foundation, 725 Buff Beige
I wasn't on the hunt for a new foundation but everyone in the beauty community has been raving about this product so I had to get my hands on it. I'm glad I did because this foundation is quite full-coverage yet looks super healthy on the skin. It gives a natural demi-matte look which is my favorite type of finish, so this one definitely gets my stamp of approval!
L'Oreal® Paris Brow Stylist Definer, Brunette
I've been loyal to Colourpop's Brow Colour for the past year now, but after transitioning to a more fresh-faced makeup style, I figured I'd go back to brow pencils to achieve more natural brows. This one is an excellent dupe for Anastasia Brow Wiz - I might even like it more because I find that it stays on longer and has a more waxy consistency, which allows me to draw realistic hair-like strokes effortlessly.
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser
Bioré's charcoal face wash majorly damaged my skin by leaving harsh dry spots and so much pigmentation on my chin area, so I had to hunt for a more gentle moisturizing face wash. After using this for the past couple weeks, I can already see significant improvements on my skin. My dark spots are slowly starting to fade and my skin has been feeling much more radiant and refreshed. Moral of the story: never use facial cleansers catered to oily skin regardless of how oily my T-zone is!
Garnier® SKINACTIVE™ Micellar Cleansing Water All-in-1 Waterproof Makeup Remover & Cleanser
My friend recommended this makeup remover to me and after getting a hold of it, I don't think I can ever go back to my old oil-free makeup removers. Micellar water has the benefits of removing makeup entirely and pampering your skin with healthy ingredients. It feels just like water but it removes my makeup completely that I don't even need to use makeup wipes anymore. I absolutely love how gentle and non-oily this product is compared to something like Neutrogena's eye makeup remover.
Calvin Klein Women's Modern Cotton Bralette, Grey Heather
I know... my pH level soared after buying this overpriced little sports bra, but I wanted something cute to wear on lazy days when I just feel like putting on sweats and a sweater. I'm not always a fan of unlined/pad-less bras, but this is so snug that it makes me look like I actually have something going on there.
Frankie Romantic Rose Embroidery Distressed Denim Highwaist Shorts, Blue
I bought these shorts a while back and I actually put them up for sale because they were way too loose on me at the time, but I gained 15 lbs since then so they now fit me like a glove. This is such a stunning and well-crafted pair of distressed shorts so I'm glad it has a much more flattering fit on my body! The rose embroidery trend is also making a massive comeback so this is just the first of the many that I'll be collecting.
Fashion Nova Day Off Jeans, Medium Wash
After putting on quite a bit of weight (intentionally), jeans and shorts have been fitting me impeccably lately. I got these sultry body-hugging jeans from Fashion Nova, which is a store that I would only admire from a distance because everything they have is basically catered to curvy figures, but I'm stoked that I'm finally getting there slowly but surely. As you can see, these jeans are super skin-tight and high-waisted and I just love how they look with summer crop tops and bralettes.
Tiffany Wrap Romper, ootdfash
I love wearing mustard yellow in the summertime and this romper is certainly one of my absolute favorite pieces. The wrap-around tie makes it super adjustable so I'm able to make the length look well-suited for my height just by pulling the neckline higher. 
The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
I've taken up the hobby of reading this whole summer and this critically acclaimed dystopian novel is the first one I picked up with an actual plot. It's about a grim future where women are stripped off of their rights by being placed into different categories such as Wives, Aunts, Marthas, and Handmaids. The story focuses particularly on the Handmaids whose sole purpose is to have babies because of the overwhelmingly low birth rates in the nation. It definitely takes me back to the dystopian fictions I've read in high school, but this time I get to enjoy it a lot more because it's not an obligation. I highly recommend this book if you want to take a dark and twisted look at an oppressive theocratic government that doesn't seem too far off from the current political climate. I'm definitely looking forward to watching the TV show adaptation on Hulu!

I'd say this was quite a solid set of favorites - lots of items that will surely be some year-round picks and holy grails. I hope y'all had an exciting, productive month/summer so far! I have two more months to bask in all of this free time under the sun, so I'm sure I'll have lots more to talk about until I head back to school.

'Til next time!
xoxo,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top