August Favorites 2013

Better late than never, right? Here are some of my monthly favorites!

Maybelline Fit Me Shine Free Foundation - $6.99 - Target
I'm a big fan of Maybelline's face products, so when I saw their new gel stick, I just had to try it, especially because it's shine-free. I'm pretty impressed with this one so far. It's very lightweight, easy to blend, and it does mattify my skin. I like that it provides light coverage because all I really need foundation for is to even out my skin tone. If you're looking for full coverage though, I wouldn't recommend this. Also, after using this for a few weeks, I noticed that my cheeks got really dry. I have a combination skin type, so only my T-zone becomes very oily. With that said, I think this product is only meant for oily skin, and it works great. If you have normal to dry skin, not so much. Anyway, this still falls on my favorites list because it's portable, easy to use, and I don't have to blot as often.
Cutex Twist & Scrub Sponge - $2.49 - Walgreens
Whoever came up with this is a genius. One thing I hate about nail polish is removing it, but this made it really easy for me. If you haven't heard of it, it's a nail polish remover with a built-in sponge soaked with acetone. All you have to do is dip your fingers for a few seconds and the polish is completely gone without any hassle. I also expected it to be expensive when I first saw youtubers using it, but I'm really surprised with how cheap it is!

Sinful Colors in "Vacation Time" - $1.99 - Walgreens
I'm not very fond of pink, but this rosy shade has recently been one of my favorite colors. The warm tone is perfect for fall, and this brand isn't so bad either. Plus, it's really inexpensive!

Sheer Cardigan- $5 - Goodwill
I've worn this cardigan way too many times throughout the month. It's actually my sister's, but she never seems to use it much. Anyway, something this lightweight, sheer, and chic is definitely a summer essential in my wardrobe. I've been looking for a kimono cardigan everywhere, but I can't find one. This one comes pretty close in terms of form and comfort. 

Hair Bun - 99 Cents Store
I've been putting my hair in a bun lately because of this intense LA heat, and this bun maker makes it a whole lot easier to perfectly create that look. It only takes a minute, so if you're too lazy to get your hair did, try it out!

Almost is Never Enough - Ariana Grande ft. Nathan Sykes

Ariana Grande is on her A-game right now. I'm loving her new album, but this song gives me the feels every time. It reminds me of nostalgic 90s love songs, which is something the music industry needs these days. 

MacBook Air 11 inches - $950 - Apple Store

















And onto my ultimate favorite find of the month, my new MacBook Air! This has seriously been a lifesaver in college. I love how extremely light and portable it is so I don't ever have to break my back carrying it on campus the whole day. I also use it when I'm on the bus to work on some online assignments that I procrastinate on. Not to mention, I get to edit my videos much better now with iMovie and Final Cut Pro. In addition, I purchased this eye-candy, aquamarine case with a laptop sleeve from Amazon for a fairly cheap price!

That's about it! I'll try my best to do monthly favorites from now on. 'Til next time!
xoxo,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top