Collective Summer Haul: Fashion, Hair & Beauty, Etc.


I expected my massive spring wardrobe to be enough to cover my summer clothes, but the countless sales lately have been very difficult to resist, so I decided to do a separate post on my latest summer finds that include fashion, beauty, and room decor. Here are some basic and miscellaneous things that I picked up!

Fashion
Cotton On We Found Love Crop Tee ($12.95)
I've been meaning to buy a basic white fitted top for everyday wear, and this was absolutely perfect for me. It's form-fitting yet super comfortable, the sleeves aren't too short, and the length's not too cropped, so I can easily wear it with low- to mid-rise shorts and jeans. It's quite pricy for a little basic piece, but it's difficult to find a top that fits me like this, so I'd say it's worth it.

Wet Seal Textured Cropped Tank ($12.90)
I kinda bought this mint high-neck top on a whim when I was shopping at Vegas. I don't know if it's just me, but I can never leave a mall or outlet empty-handed, so I grabbed this item at Wet Seal when it was on sale. 

Aeropostale Geo & Ditsy Floral Cropped Halter Tops ($5 each)
If you couldn't already tell in my Summer 2014 Trends, I am absolutely in love with halter tops. When I saw that Aeropostale was selling some for $5, I had to run to the store and grab more than one! I went with the floral print and black & white tribal pattern because I don't really own anything like these. Each was originally $22.50, so it's definitely an incredible bargain. I believe it's now only $2.99, so check them out while the sale's still going on!


I was pleasantly surprised to find $3.80 V-necks at Forever 21 because I've been looking for super laid-back tops lately. I'm very particular when it comes to the fit of my T-shirts, and luckily, this was the right one. I was tempted to buy 3 more colors, but I had to restrain myself as I'm trying my best to save up for the rest of summer.

Floral Vine Print Dress c/o eShakti
My most recent style post features this totally adorable vintage-inspired dress that's perfect for many casual to formal occasions. It was sent to me by eShakti, but I figured I might as well include it in this haul.

MIA Norway Chunky Sandals ($29.99)
These are hands down my favorite sandals by far. I've been desperately searching for super chunky heels but with no luck until I came across this beauty. I love the color combination, rustic appearance, and overall versatility of these sandals. I think they're perfect for both summer and fall, so I'll definitely be rocking these in the next few months! I can't wait to check out what the Off Broadway Shoe Warehouse has in store for colder seasons!
Hair
Revlon ColorSilk Hair Color in Ultra Light Sun Blonde ($2.99)
A new season always means new hair for me, so I got a set of ultra blonde hair dyes from my trustee hair color line, Revlon Colorsilk. I'm very pleased with the results (click here to see!) although the vibrance has been fading overtime rather quickly because I never end up taking good care of my locks. 
Salon Grafix Play it Big Volumizing Dry Shampoo
I'm in the process of growing out my hair because it's actually been getting longer at a faster rate than usual, and one of the most common ways I've heard of that seems to work effectively is to avoid washing it daily. So, I thought I'd invest in an inexpensive dry shampoo for now because I don't have much experience with it.

Bed Head Curlipops 1" Curling Wand ($22.31)
I know this goes against my hair-growing remedy, but I've been meaning to own a thicker curling wand. While I'm still saving up for NuMe's ever-so-coveted Classic Wand or eternally waiting for them to send me one to review (a newbie blogger can dream okay), I went for a cheaper alternative. I've been a fan of Bed Head ever since I got the Deep Waver (which I reviewed here), and this one surely didn't disappoint either. Be on the lookout for a review!

TRESemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Protective Spray ($4.49)
It's about time for me to get a heat protectant spray if I'm gonna go back to my unhealthy ways of using hair appliances frequently. I got this one at Bed, Bath, and Beyond for like $5. Not sure if it's actually effective, but it received pretty decent reviews.

Beauty
Etude House Color My Brows in light brown
You might have seen this on a review I did a while back. In that case, you already know how much love I have for this product. It's crazy pigmented and lasts a decent amount of time!

NYX Matte Lipstick in Strawberry Daiquiri ($5.99)
I've already tried two shades from this lipstick line before, but I was never as impressed as everyone else who considers this the best drugstore matte lippie (including one of my favorite beauty gurus itsJudyTime). Nonetheless, I thought I'd give it another shot by going for a brighter, less natural color, and I must say that it definitely turned my mind around! This gorgeous coral shade is absolutely perfect for summer, so it's certainly a must-have!

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Stockholm ($5.99)
I've also tried this lip cream in Antwerp before but I wasn't too impressed either, though I'm convinced that it just wasn't the right color for me. This, however, is the absolute perfect nude shade for my skin tone. I've been looking for a very neutral color but always ended up with nude pinks that just look washed out, but this one's more of a dusty coral that I find very flattering.

L'Oreal Visible Lift Blur Blush ($10.49)
The moment I heard about this new drugstore product, I knew that I had to get my hands on it because I've been in love with cream blushes ever since my Sonia Kashuk creme blush. I wanted a more vibrant shade, so this was absolutely perfect because it's extremely blendable and pigmented. I'm so glad I got it at Bed, Bath, and Beyond instead of Target where it retails for $15 compared to $10!

Revlon Colorstay 24 hr Foundation for Oily/Combo Skin ($10.49)
I can't pinpoint what it is about Rimmel's Stay Matte liquid mousse foundation that makes me want to look for another one. It's certainly the best among my collection but I'm sure there are much better foundations in the market, so I grabbed the classic Revlon Colorstay that's been in the market for ages and is said to be a miracle-worker for oily skin.
L'Oreal True Match™ Super Blendable Makeup
So the previous foundation didn't work out so well, and I'll tell you exactly why in an upcoming review. I decided to go for the second most raved about drugstore foundation, which worked a hundred times better for my skin tone. Stay tuned for a review on this one as well!


I'm not ready to splurge on the widely hyped yet overpriced Beauty Blender, so I settled for a much less expensive sponge that many bloggers say is the closest dupe. I'm not sure how it truly compares to the Beauty Blender, but I personally love it! I suggest buying it at iHerb.com because you get $5 off your first purchase!
NYX Eyebrow Gel in Chocolate
I couldn't even contain my excitement when I saw this in Ulta's new releases. I had to drop by the store right away, but unfortunately, it was already all sold out! I bought it online instead because I couldn't wait any longer after seeing all these amazing reviews by other bloggers. If you're familiar with Make Up For Ever's Aqua Brow which retails for $20, this is nearly an exact dupe for only $7. It's literally smudge-free and waterproof, and a tiny amount goes a long way. It's not a surprise that I'll do an in-depth review on this gem sometime soon!

Room Decor
Self-Adhesive Mini Hooks ($3.99)
I got these mini hooks from eBay for an upcoming DIY project I'll be doing for my new room. I don't want to damage my walls with push pins, so I got these non drill hooks to hang some decorations. Stay tuned for a room decor tutorial!


I also got these stunning micro string lights as part of the DIY project that I just mentioned. I hung them around my vanity mirror and my bedside wall of hanging polaroid pictures, which I'll show in a DIY post sometime next month!

That's all for this huge eclectic haul! It's a bit late since we're in the middle of summer already, but I wanted to wait until I've accumulated enough interesting items to show you guys. As always, thanks for stopping by!
xoxo,
post signature

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top