Review: Naked Palette


Here's a long overdue review of the most coveted eyeshadow palette. I know it really won't matter anymore since there are already thousands of reviews out there, but a little input from my perspective wouldn't hurt! Read more for swatches, my favorite shades, and overall thoughts on the first Naked palette!


As I said in my fall favorites, my friends got me this for my 18th birthday about 10 months ago, and I honestly hardly ever go out without it. As you can see from the photo, it almost looks like it hasn't been used at all, but trust me, I've been abusing it for nearly the whole year. It's just that it has a lot of product, which is certainly one of the best things about it. 

When it comes to eyeshadows, I'm all about wearable neutral shades (that are preferably matte- although a little glitter would be nice once in a while). I try to wear eyeshadow on a daily basis, so bronzes and browns are especially appealing to me. I just wish this palette had more matte shades, but I guess that's why they made the Naked Basics.

The shades I've used the most are Buck, which I typically apply all over my lids, Half baked, which I wore every day when I first got it (mainly for base and highlight on the inner corners), and the most abused of all, Darkhorse, which I use to fill in my eye brows on a daily basis and often to darken my crease. I try to use Virgin as highlight for my brow bones, but I tend to forget it as it doesn't really display a drastic difference. I always use Creep whenever I'm sporting smokey eyes, which is almost every day, but I usually dab a very little amount, which is probably why it barely looks touched. The rest are pretty much experimental colors. I'm not too fond of overly shimmery eyeshadows for casual days, so I never really use Sidecar, Smog, Toasted, and Gunmetal.

Here are the swatches with descriptions:
Half baked, Buck, Sidecar, Naked, Sin, Virgin
Smog, Darkhorse, Hustle, Toasted, Gunmetal, Creep
Half baked - shimmery gold; gorgeous gold shade, perfect for special occasions like prom and holiday parties
Buck - matte medium brown; my favorite base, which I normally extend to my brow bone when I do smokey eyes
Sidecar - very shimmery light brown; I don't use this very often because it's too shimmery for my taste, but I guess it would look great for the center of your lids if you're doing bronze smokey eyes
Naked - matte tan/light brown; great base for the "no makeup" look
Sin - shimmery light pink; good base for a soft, romantic look
Virgin - satin light peach; perfect highlight
Smog - shimmery bronze; I don't use this one very often as well because of the excessive shimmer, but it's the perfect blending shade for bronze smokey eyes
Darkhorse - dark brown with faint shimmer; I always use this to give more depth to my crease, and as I said earlier, this is my substitute for an eyebrow pencil
Hustle - satin taupe; good blending shade for fall
Toasted - satin light mauve; great base for autumn makeup looks
Gunmetal - shimmery silver; great base for party looks and smokey eyes
Creep - dark gray, almost black with slight shimmer; I usually use this on the very edge of my crease, although I wish it was more of an opaque black

Here are some looks I've done with the Naked palette. They're mostly very basic and neutral, but that's what the palette is especially for. I'll try to post a look sometime involving colors that I don't use very often.







In a nutshell, is the Naked palette worth the price ($52) and the hype? I would say definitely. Well, I got it as a gift so that makes it easier for me to say so, but really, a little goes a long way with this gem. This will probably last me a few years, despite the fact that I use it almost every day. Also, one of the best things about it is the amazing pigmentation and lasting power, which is all you really need when it comes to eyeshadow quality. It will certainly continue to be a staple in my makeup bag because I don't think I'll ever stray away from neutrals. 

That's about it for this review. It's definitely a splurge, but it's worth it, trust! Stay tuned for other reviews and possibly more makeup looks.

xoxo,
post signature

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. I really love the colours of the naked palette, i only own the naked 3 palette though :(
    The third look that you created is so gorgeous, please do a tutorial ^~^

    xx
    www.beautifyinglifee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Fifi ♥ the naked 3 palette has such beautiful colors though! thank you, maybe i will!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top