February 2016 Favorites



My birthday was in February, so I got to try out a lot of the new stuff I received this month, all of which I've been really enjoying for the past couple weeks. Read more for everything about these amazing beauty/fashion finds!

Too Faced Natural Eyes Neutral Eye Shadow Palette - Ulta
As you may have seen in my massive haul, I got this eyeshadow palette from my sister and I've been reaching for it the whole month way more than any of the palettes that I own. It has such a smooth, buttery texture and the color payoff is incredible. The picture above certainly doesn't do it justice because the gold on my lid is considerably more vibrant and pigmented in person. The palette also has all the neutral shades you could possibly need for a daily makeup look, and just look at that super cute packaging!
Benefit Roller Lash Super Curling & Lifting Mascara Mini - Ulta
While I still swear by my Maybelline Falsies, I've really been loving the highly acclaimed Benefit Roller Lash that I received as Ulta's birthday gift. It really does hold a curl like no other and it gives my lashes a nice wispy effect. It's especially easy to apply on my lower lashes, which is pretty rare for a mascara to do without me messing up somehow.

NYX Lip Lingerie in Exotic and NYX Full Throttle Lipstick in Locked
NYX just came out with two new lip collections - one is a liquid lipstick and the other is a waterproof matte lipstick. The NYX Lingerie line is a nude collection, but naturally this shade in Exotic stood out to me the most because it's my kind of color. It's slightly darker than Colourpop's Bumble, but it's a gorgeous "my lips but better" kind of shade for skin tones that are slightly darker than mine. The formula is extremely smooth and velvety and the lasting power is quite impressive. The Full Throttle lipstick is an amazing product as well - it glides on like butter and is completely matte and transfer-proof. Having exfoliated lips is a must though because otherwise the product will form little clumps over time on dry lips.

I'm Matte Lip Crayons in GretaVanessa, and Natasha
If I had to choose my favorite Memebox product, it would definitely be their I'm Matte Lip Crayon collection. The texture is so incredibly smooth and easy to apply and the colors that Memebox sent me are absolutely stunning! Whenever I felt like taking a break from wearing liquid lipsticks this month, these have been my go-to. I'll be doing a review on it very soon with swatches and all!

e.l.f. Blending Brush
This is literally the perfect brush for contouring because of the flattened shape that fits perfectly underneath my cheekbones. The bristles are also super dense but also extremely soft and fluffy, which makes blending seamless. I actually purchased this at Target, so check your local stores to grab one as well as some of their other amazing studio line brushes!
Pravana Vivids in Violet and Silver
Going to the salon every couple weeks to get my lavender locks touched up would be committing a murder to my wallet, so I bought these professional yet user-friendly hair dyes that I've been mixing to get this lovely color. All I need are several drops of these dyes and a load of conditioner! I'll definitely get more into detail with the whole process in a separate blog post, but for now I gotta say that mixing Violet and Silver together is the perfect combination to achieve this cool-toned lavender that eventually fades into a stunning silvery gray as opposed to pink when I use Violet alone.
Beyond the Beauty 3P Volume Set
I got a little too excited when Beyond the Beauty contacted me to do a review and a giveaway on this incredible set of titanium curling irons. It's seriously all I need for whatever occasion there is because all three of these barrels give a completely different look. The one I'm using in the photo above is the 19mm barrel, which gives super tight and voluminous curls. Typically, I'd go for a more casual look with loose waves that can be achieved with the 32mm barrel, but I've really been digging these tighter curls lately especially because it lasts for days. Nonetheless, this whole set is amazing and I'm so thankful that Beyond the Beauty sent it to me. Join my giveaway for a chance to score your very own!
I finally updated my prescription glasses after a year, and I definitely like these a thousand times better and I'd actually ditch my contacts once in a while for this chic pair. It fits me perfectly and the subtle gold detailing and tortoise design give it a really sophisticated and stylish touch.

My long-time friend since high school got me this cute little purse for my birthday, which I've been very much in need of. Most of the time when I go to something like the mall or a friend's place, I never really bring much with me but since I always had bigger purses, I'd end up bringing those even though I barely put anything in them, so this one has definitely been handy when I just need my card, cash, and a few makeup necessities for touchups.


You guys know I started up a romper collection just this past year, and this one might be my new favorite addition. It screams boho all around with the oriental print, scrunched bell sleeves, and lace-up detailing, and while it doesn't fit perfectly on me (story of my life), I can always make it work with a dainty belt to pull it up.

My best friends of 10 years and my favorite twins ever drew me these amazing portraits for my birthday. They have been such significant people in my life and they're obviously extremely talented, so go check them out on Instagram @you_cee and @naomi_nc!

I usually don't make that big of a deal about my birthday, but 21 is one of those years that you just can't go by without celebrating. While I didn't spend it getting drunk and crazy like almost every other 21-year-old out there, it was definitely one of my favorite birthdays to date. Besides, I'm the first to turn 21 among my group of friends, so I couldn't have spend it that way, so instead I went to The Broad which I've been dying to go to for months, then ended the night rollerskating at a super hipster 90s rink. I gotta say, seeing the Infinity Mirrored Room up close and personal was truly one of the highlights - I wrote all about my 45-second experience in this blog post to show just how much I appreciated this stunning work of art. The Broad in general is nothing like any museum I've been to, so I'm more than glad to have spent part of my birthday weekend getting back in touch with my artistic side. Rollerskating until midnight was certainly the best way to end my short trip to LA even though none of us really knew how to skate - just the fact that I got to spend it with some old friends made it worthwhile.

That's everything I've been loving this month! It's been a great one indeed and I can't wait for what the rest of the year has in store. It's going to be spring in no time, so expect a lot more new stuff coming your way!

'Til my next one.
xoxo,
 post signature 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top