Dream Red Carpet Look - Weddington Way February Style Challenge

Although award shows are meant to recognize and glorify immense talent in the entertainment industry, it's inevitable to obsess over those gorgeous red carpet looks. I've teamed up with Weddington Way for a project they're working on this month, and the theme happens to be... award show season! Read more for the look that I put together if I were to ever attend a red carpet event!

From elegant full-length gowns to fun eccentric dresses, the red carpet is virtually a place without rules, which always makes it a topic to talk about after award shows. Weddington Way is an "online boutique that offers the modern bride a highly curated selection of top brands in wedding party," and I was inspired by them to create my dream red carpet look, so here's what I came up with!
Dessy 2884 Bridesmaid Dress
Personally, I'm all for the classic, ethereal look when it comes to fancy events, so I chose this stunning champagne off-shoulder gown that also happens to be perfect for Valentine's. If you know my style at all, it's no surprise that I chose an off-shoulder piece. There's just something so classy yet tasteful about it! Dusty pink is also my favorite kind of pink, so I chose this among the massive variety of color options on the website.
Qupid Laser Cut-Out Caged Pump
Because the dress is so understated, I thought I'd spice up the look with some edgy cut-out pumps. I kept the color scheme muted because I still want to maintain the simplicity and modesty of the whole ensemble.
An antiqued statement necklace is the best accessory to jazz up a simple look in my opinion, so I added this intricate stone necklace that I honestly think looks absolutely perfect with the dress. It provides a sharp contrast to the sophisticated, romantic look, but I think it makes it a whole lot more interesting. I also added a cuff bracelet that almost matches the necklace to complete the accessory portion.
Butter London Pink Ribbon Nail Lacquer
I also chose a nude nail polish to keep the look monochromatic and classy. 

As for the makeup, I kept it fairly muted as well with a plummy rose-gold smokey eye and a neutral pink lip. The Naked 3 palette is perfect for large-scale events because of the gorgeous pink shimmers, and the Girlactik lip plaint is my absolute favorite liquid lipstick because it stays all day long and has the greatest pigmentation! The one above is in the shade Allure.
Lastly, I chose two options for the hair: an updo and mermaid waves that both incorporate messy braids. The first one is absolutely gorgeous and quite delicate and feminine. It's a messy asymmetrical milkmaid braid that adds a bit of spunk to the otherwise conservative look. The second option is more of a casual everyday hairstyle but still has some formal elements that's perfect for a fancy event. 

And that's it to my dream red carpet look! I'll definitely go back to this post if I ever have the chance to step foot on a red carpet... or any colored carpet, really, as long as I have to dress all fancy! Check out Weddington Way's lovely chiffon dresses here if you're looking into formal gowns for a special occasion. You could also check out this link for their full bridesmaid dress collection.

Catch you later!
xoxo,
post signature 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top