September 2014 Favorites


I've got quite a lot of loves this month, so let's get right into it!

Ardell Wispies
As I've mentioned several times before, eyelashes are the least of my priorities when it comes to makeup, but after seeing these on Kathleen Light's makeup tutorial, I was mesmerized by how stunning it made her eyes look, so I thought I'd give it a try although it's a little bit more on the dramatic side. It's a great way to spice up a very simple makeup look, which I typically do on a daily basis.

Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lip Color in Touch of Spice
I'm beginning to hoard lipsticks of this shade because I just can't get enough of that natural berry lip with brown undertone. This new release from Maybelline is very similar to my former holy grail lipstick, Revlon Colorburst in Sultry, but the formula of this one is significantly creamier and a lot more long-lasting. It's also matte, which gives me an even bigger reason to love it!

Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner in 045 Epic 
Speaking of lipsticks, this has been my favorite color combination this month. It's probably the closest I'll ever get to the Kylie Jenner lip using drugstore products. I typically line and fill in my lips with Rimmel's lip liner and top it off with NYX's matte lip cream in Stockholm which is a nude shade that I think looks the most flattering on my skin tone. I'll go more in depth on the Rimmel lip liner in a future collective beauty haul that I'm working on for this month.

Rimmel Stay Blushed Liquid Cheek Tint in Sunkissed Cherry
I know I already mentioned this in my past favorites, but I've been loving this shade in particular because it has just the right mixture of peach and pink which I think suits any look. I've also done a review on the collection which you can check out here!

Kendall & Kylie Cold Shoulder Tunic
If you haven't already noticed, I have a thing for off-shoulder pieces, and if I love something that much, I'm most likely gonna buy it in a different color(s). This is obviously one those things as I already own a plum and a white version of this dress. This one's slightly more expensive though since it's from Pacsun's Kendall & Kylie collection, but I think it's worth it because their clothes are very high quality. The color palette and print are definitely perfect for fall, and I can't wait to wear it even more when the weather gets more chilly.

Bullhead Denim Low Rise Skinny Jeans
I don't style jeans too often, but the weather's just beginning to cool down, so I've been wearing these skinnies a lot recently. They fit me like a dream and the material is so soft and comfortable that they don't even feel like super tight skinny jeans. I got two low-rise pairs in plain black and lightwashed blue just so everything in my jean collection isn't distressed.


Fall is my absolute favorite season because it's when my style takes a full turn to the bohemian side. I got this oversized blouse from TJ Maxx for a very reasonable price, and I love how effortless it looks since I can just throw it on as a dress. I'm really hoping to do more fall looks for the next couple months because I've clearly been lacking in the fashion department despite this being a fashion-centered blog. The struggles of not having a photographer :(

Wanderlust Tank Top
This company called 3for12 recently sent me some shirts to try out, and this tank has to be my favorite out of the rest. It's the perfect piece to layer underneath for a laid-back, grungy look. The fit is absolutely flattering and the design is quite artistic. If you're interested, you can get 4 shirts for 12 instead of 3 if you use the code SD3for12.

That's all for last month! I'm sure I'll have a whole lot more for October since I've been accumulating various fall items that I'll also be featuring in separate hauls. Stay tuned! P.S. I know the Mac foundation is on the cover photo, but I'll have to save that for this month since I just purchased it in the end of September.

xoxo,
post signature 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top