August 2014 Favorites


August actually flew by much faster than I expected even though school had already started for me two weeks ago. Here are some of my favorite things to use especially for a quick morning routine!

Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation in 825 Buff Beige
This foundation has been my absolute go-to for long days at school. While it hasn't quite reached holy grail status yet, it's the best one I have in my collection so far. I'll have a full-length review sometime next week, so stay tuned!

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer in Light
As you can tell by the half-empty container, I've had this for a while now. I never really understood the hype until I started using it consistently on my undereyes. It actually does conceal my dark circles incredibly well, so it's been a significant part in my early morning routine, too.

e.l.f. Matte Lip Color in Praline, NYC Expert Last Lip Color in Creamy Caramel
I've had the e.l.f. lipstick for as long as I can remember - way before I got into lip products! I never really paid much attention to it then because the color was a little off on me, but I just realized that it's a perfect dupe for the infamous Kylie Jenner lip color which has been a huge trend lately. The matte formula is my favorite thing about it of course, but it also actually lasts the whole school day which is about 10 or so hours for me. The color's definitely not everyone's cup of tea, including mine until recently. It has very deep brown undertones which is quite reminiscent of the 90s, but when coupled with a lighter nude (which I'll talk about in a second), it's actually very wearable and flattering.
- - -
I initially bought NYC's Expert Last lip color in hopes of acquiring another super inexpensive dupe for Kylie's deep nude lip color, but it turned out way more sheer than I anticipated... but it's the perfect product to layer under or over e.l.f.'s Praline which is why I put them together. Since Praline is a bit too dark for my light-medium complexion, I like to layer a lighter nude like this to brighten it up a bit, and the result is exactly the look I've been wanting to achieve.

e.l.f. Flawless Finish Foundation in Almond
Here's another e.l.f. product that I've had for a very long time. My sister actually bought it specifically for her senior prom (which was like 2 years ago), but she never used it ever since because she doesn't even wear makeup. So, I thought I'd take advantage of the dark shade and use it as a contour base, and let me tell you - my Hoola bronzer would not budge the whole day with this underneath! If you have Benefit's Hoola bronzer, you'd know that it doesn't last half a day on its own, but with a liquid base like this, it's practically bulletproof. I like to apply this foundation with e.l.f.'s small stippling brush and blend it out with my Real Techniques sponge for a more natural, airbrushed look.

NYC Megalast Lip Color in Spiked with Rum
You probably all know by now that my absolute staple lipstick is Revlon's Matte Balm in Sultry, but I actually just noticed that it doesn't last as long as I want it to. NYC's Megalast lip color in Spiked With Rum, however, gives a very similar tint but actually stays on for at least 8 hours straight without touch-ups. I have a review on my collection of the line here if you want to know more!
Rimmel Stay Blushed! in Pop of Pink, Sunkissed Cherry, Apricot Glow
I can't believe I almost forgot about these blushes. They've been my absolute favorites ever since I got my hands on them! Here's a full review I did a while ago with all three swatches. The pigmentation is incredible yet remains very natural, and it actually stays on the whole day. I highly recommend these although they're strangely limited in availability. 

Light in the Box nail polish
I've also had this for a while now when I won an Instagram giveaway with Light in the Box. I figured that since summer is coming to an end, I should play with some bright colors, and this has been a very versatile one - plus, it's matte!


I recently discovered Warby Parker, an online eyeglasses retailer that offers a free home try-on service for their customers. I picked out these 5 to try on and was immediately sold. I'm most likely going to purchase the very bottom one with partial rimless frames, which is the style I've been wanting for a while now. It's still quite pricy so it might take a while for me to decide, but if I don't find anything else, I'll definitely go back to these.

Brandy Melville Jersey Knit Top
Excuse the grainy iPhone quality!
I bought this last summer at a Brandy warehouse sale for about $5, but I never really wore it much despite the extremely soft fabric and cozy fit. There was just something missing about it, so I cut the long sleeves and cuffed them around elbow length and I've been wearing it religiously ever since. It's the perfect basic white tee because it's versatile, insanely comfortable, and super cute to pair with all kinds of denim. If they came in different colors, I'd definitely get them all!

That's all for August. I know most of these were old and rediscovered products, but I haven't had the time to purchase new makeup/clothes lately. Nonetheless, I hope I influenced your decisions somehow if you're looking to try some of these!
xoxo,
post signature 
  Shop NuMe ! Use NUMESUMMER50 for a 50% discount and free domestic shipping.

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

Back
to top