Review: Ipsy April 2014 Glam Bag

Ipsy is a $10 monthly subscription service that provides deluxe samples and full-sized beauty products.
I finally hopped on the Ipsy bandwagon and received my very first Glam Bag this month! I was quite pleased when I saw the items I'll be getting in my Glam Room, but when I finally received them in the mail and got the chance to test a few, I had mixed feelings on some of the products. Here's a break-down of my thoughts on each item along with the original prices.

24/7 Velvet Glide-On Eye Pencil Travel Size ($10?)
I wanted this eyeliner the most out of all the items because I've been dying to try one of Urban Decay's 24/7 Eye Pencils, and I'm so happy I got one! This particular line is brand-new in the 24/7 collection, so consider yourself fortunate if you received it in your glam bag. As expected, it's creamy, highly pigmented, and long-lasting!
 
Benefit Lollitint Deluxe Sample ($8)
I was a big fan of Benefit's Posietint and Benetint, and I'm glad that I received yet another sample size of their new addition. It's a stunning orchid color that I find very unique, and it actually looks quite natural and refreshing. It's also a lot more pigmented and long-lasting than Benefit's other lip/cheek tints.
Cailyn Tinted Lip Balm in Apple Pink ($19)
I've never heard of this brand before, but this looked interesting and I was beyond excited to try it out especially because it's a lip product. However, when I finally got it, I was very disappointed that it was in the shade Acid Pink. If you know my taste in lippies, I gear more towards naturals and reds, and this one is more of an electric fuchsia that's way out of my comfort zone, and it's a shame that I won't be using it much or even at all. It's upsetting because I really do love the product itself. It has great long-wearing quality, a pigmented consistency, and a matte finish, which is everything I look for in a lipstick. It's also the most expensive item in the bag, so it would have been a lot more worth it if I got Apple Pink (a more natural shade of pink that I was hoping for) because I really don't see myself actually purchasing it for full price because it is quite expensive.
City Color White Gold Shadow & Highlight Mousse ($4)
I've always wanted to try City Color's products because I've heard great things about the brand regarding its incredibly affordable prices and decent quality. This is probably the one I was least excited about because I really wanted to get Cover FX's Mattifying Primer instead, but that would have been too good to be true. Anyway, this is still a great product because it's a gorgeous white gold cream shadow (almost reminiscent of Naked's Half baked). It's also extremely difficult to remove, so that should tell you a lot about its lasting power.

KISS Looks So Natural Lashes ($3.99)
Can't really complain about receiving these gorgeous falsies. They're super long yet natural-looking, and they're not heavy on the lids at all. They literally feel like feathers!

Swatches (Left to Right)
Benefit Lollitint, Urban Decay 24/7 in Black Velvet, City Color White Gold Mousse, Cailyn Tinted Lip Balm in Acid Pink

Final thoughts? I'm satisfied with most of the items in my first Glam Bag and I can't wait for more. Based on the original prices, the total comes out to be about $45, so paying only $10 for these sample- and full-sized items is definitely worth it! The delivery time was also a lot quicker than I expected since I received the bag just 3 days after they emailed me the tracking info. Let me know your thoughts on your Glam Bag if you're an Ipsy subscriber! I might do full reviews on a few of these later on, so stay tuned!
xoxo,
post signature

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top