California Scenario


I found an artsy location around my area that's almost like it's made for photo shoots, so I had to take advantage of the stunning aesthetics to display this summer-to-fall transition look. Shoutout to my friend Tina for being my photographer for the day! Keep reading for photos and details of the outfit.

Top: Nectar Clothing, Pants: OOTDfash

I brought my DSLR for this shoot but I couldn't adjust the lighting any darker than I would've liked because of the Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 lens that I was using, so more than half of the photos were captured using my friend's Galaxy S6. Unfortunately, most of them were deleted and couldn't be retrieved so these few photos would have to suffice. My favorite shots definitely didn't make the cut especially the ones by the pond, but I'm sure I'll have tons of opportunity to go back for another shoot!




This outfit looks like a two-piece set but these pieces are actually entirely different and just so happened to complement each other perfectly. I've been meaning to style these burnt orange pants and the best way I could do it was to pair it with an orange fitted crop top. 





Choker: OOTDfash
Belt: Zaful
Because of the bold color scheme, I wanted to keep the accessories fairly minimal with this dainty boho choker. The Western buckle belt may seem like a statement piece, but I thought it added an edgy touch to an otherwise plain look. 

Heels: Lola Shoetique
I also wanted to keep my shoes very muted to draw the focus on the outfit itself, so I went with these light gray booties with sleek perforated cut-outs. Although a subtle observation, the lace-up detailing complements the crisscross top quite well.


The lighting is washing out the details of the makeup, but I went with a simple peachy look that I've been rocking all summer. I skipped my classic winged eyeliner and opted for a one-toned eyeshadow look on my lids. I also went with a peachy matte lipstick from Colourpop to further add to the whole orange theme; plus, it's lately been my go-to lip shade.

I really wish I had the rest of the photos as most of the ones I lost were the better shots, but oh well. there are always future photo shoots. I actually have a few lined up with one of my childhood best friends, so keep your eyes peeled for future fashion content! Hope you enjoyed this look.

'Til next time!
xoxo,
signature

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top