March 2016 Favorites


This year is moving by way too fast! We're already three months in when I still remember 2015 like crystal. One thing I do appreciate though is that it's finally spring, which means I've got a whole new set of makeup and wardrobe that I've been loving. Read more for everything I've been obsessing over this past month! Everything's linked in the photo captions just in case you guys are interested in copping any of these.
Colourpop Ultra Satin Lip in Frick n' Frack
Colourpop is undeniably one of the best cosmetic brands right now not only because of their impressive high-quality products but also for their insanely low prices. My all-time favorite lipstick is the Ultra Matte Lip in Bumble, and I was super stoked when they came out with an Ultra Satin Lip collection. This shade obviously stood out to me instantly because it resembled Bumble the most, but it's actually much darker on my lips than I anticipated. Nonetheless, the formula is extremely smooth and comfortable and actually lasts almost just as long as the Ultra Mattes. I'm really hoping they'll come out with a twin for Bumble someday!
Makeup Revolution Vivid Baked Highlighter in Golden Lights
I've been wanting this highlighter ever since I came across it at Ulta.com several months ago, which led me to check it out at the store only to find out that they're only available online. However, just over a month ago, Ulta added new brands and I finally got my hands on this amazing gem. It's certainly a glow-from-within kind of highlighter, but a really intense one especially because of the vibrant gold sheen. It's not the least bit champagne or peach - it's straight up gold, which definitely sets it apart from anything in my highlight collection. A little side note: since the gold shade is so strong to the point that it can easily pass as an eyeshadow pigment, I wouldn't recommend this to skin tones any lighter than mine and certainly not to neutral- or pink-toned complexions. This would look absolutely stunning on olive to dark skin though! By the way, the picture above does not do it justice because the color payoff is a lot more intense in reality.
Too Faced Better Than Sex Waterproof Mascara
The newly released waterproof version of the ever-so-coveted Better Than Sex mascara finally convinced me to try it out, and I gotta say that it's definitely my favorite high-end mascara so far. It lengthens my lashes considerably and volumizes them at the same time. Keep in mind that it's a very clumpy formula, which I know a lot of people don't prefer, but I actually don't mind at all because it keeps my lashes looking extra plump. It also takes quite a while to set, which may make the application process a little messy at times.  
RCMA No Color Powder
I've had this for about two months now and I can safely say that it's the best setting powder I've ever tried. It sits so perfectly on the skin throughout the day and doesn't emphasize dry patches at all. It photographs beautifully because there's no white cast at all, which a lot of translucent powders can't do. This is actually a no-color powder - not a translucent one - so it doesn't alter the color of your foundation by any means. I'd say it's well-suited for just about any skin type, and I can certainly vouch for that because I have both oily and dry skin.
Wet n Wild Vegan Brushes (Powder, Contour, Crease, and Large Eyeshadow Brush)
If you ever come across the new Wet 'n Wild brush collection at the drugstore, just grab all of them because I assure you that you won't regret it. Everything's only $0.99-$2.99 which is incredibly insane for what you're getting. The quality is so darn impressive for something that cheap and even the super cute packaging beats some high-end brushes! A huge bang for your buck for sure.
TRESemmé  Keratin Smooth Keratin Infusing Smoothing Serum
My hair has always been super dull texture-wise, so I thought I'd add some shine with this hair serum by TRESemmé. It smells absolutely amazing and softens and detangles my hair so easily. I'm definitely keeping this in my hair care routine!
Irresistible Me Silky Touch Extensions in Platinum Blonde (dyed with Pravana Chromasilk Vivids in Violet + Silver)
I've always wanted to play with extensions before my hair was ever this long, so I was beyond excited when I received this set from Irresistible Me, whom I had the pleasure collaborating with. The extensions add just a couple inches to my hair, but I find that it makes such a big difference because my hair ends up looking a lot more voluminous. They also make my hair look healthier because they mask my unbearable split ends. Check out before & after photos here and my review + coloring process here!
Wet Seal Aztec Push-Up Sports Bra
This sports bra is basically a bralette, which is why I gravitate towards it quite often. It's super comfy even though it's heavily padded, and the little cutouts and racerback design make it a really unique basic piece to style.
Sarai Strappy Halter in Ivory
I can't even keep track of how many bralettes I own anymore, yet I still manage to keep buying more. While my strappy collection comes in lots of variations, this would probably have to be my favorite design because it takes strappy detailing to a whole new level. I can wear the most basic white top and instantly make it chic by wearing this bralette underneath! I also got one in black, but I've been styling this one a lot more because it's spring and I've been wearing lighter colors these past few weeks.
Wet Seal Blue Asphalt™ Cuffed Denim Shorts
I'm all about denim shorts for those scorching spring & summer days, and these have been my most worn lately because they're super casual and they fit me so perfectly.
Forever 21 Cutout Faux Leather Sandals
I'm hands-down a heels girl, but my feet have been experiencing a lot of pain lately from wearing heels almost every day, so I thought I'd buy some comfy yet stylish flats that would go well with many of my spring outfits. This happens to be the perfect pair for just about any casual event, so I've definitely been reaching for it almost on a daily basis.
Go Jane Buckle Down Faux Leather Sandals
This favorite is rather surprising even for me. Birkenstocks have never been my cup of tea and I even thought they were almost as hideous as Crocs, but some things change I guess. While these are definitely not authentic Birks, they look pretty much identical and they're super comfortable, so they've been my go-to sandals for lazy days on campus.

I guess that's it for March. Hope you all had a great month! Thanks for stopping by and I'll catch you in my next one.

xoxo,
post signature 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top