January 2016 Favorites


Out with the old and in with the new! It's barely the beginning of the year and I've already let go of my New Year's resolution of buying less things. As usual, here are some beauty and fashion gems that I've been loving this month!

If you haven't already noticed, one of the first things I accomplished this new year is getting a drastic color change that I'm absolutely in love with. For everything you need to know about the process and for more photos, check out my post here. I also wrote a super detailed post on my tips and experience on going pastel, so check that out here!
Teasing Comb from Target
I've always struggled with flat hair, yet I never bothered to buy a teasing comb prior to this month for some reason. It definitely gets the job done, and it's a super quick way to add a nice amount of volume.

Tigi Catwalk Fashionista Violet Shampoo & Conditioner for Unisex, 25.36 Ounce
Because having pastel/platinum blonde hair needs a ton of TLC, I needed a whole new set of hair products including a new shampoo and conditioner. As recommended by my hair stylist, I got TIGI's Violet Shampoo & Conditioner, which both smell amazing and keep my hair from getting brassy.
It's A 10 Leave-In Conditioner Plus Keratin, 4 Ounce
Another recommendation my hairstylist provided was this leave-in conditioner that's supposed to restore health back to my damaged hair after all the bleaching and toning. It's also a heat-protectant spray and several other things that are great for your hair, so it's certainly been a life-saver for me this month.
Infiniti Pro by Conair Nano Tourmaline Ceramic 1-1/4-Inch Curling Iron
When I got my hair done at the salon, my hairstylist curled my hair once she finished adding the pastel color, and I absolutely fell in love with how it looked - so much that I bought my own 1 1/4 curling iron shortly after. It gives such nice voluminous waves that I can't really achieve with heatless methods, although I do have to limit myself on how often I should be using this.

Viva Labs The Finest Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, 16 Ounce
Another essential hair product that I discovered this month is this organic coconut oil that I can pretty much use for anything else. Other than using it as a deep conditioning treatment for my hair, I've also been applying it on my skin to get rid of dry patches as well as on my hands. You can even use it for cooking!

MATCHCo Custom Tinted Hydrating Foundation
I'm sure I've talked about this foundation plenty of times already, but it truly is my all-time holy grail. I admit that it's definitely on the higher end of the spectrum price-wise, but I'm incredibly thankful to have received another bottle from the company. I took a survey on how well the first formula matched me and I reported that it was a tiny bit too pink, so MATCHCo reached out again and sent me this one, which is a much more accurate shade for my current skin tone.

Maybelline Lash Sensational Luscious Mascara 
Maybelline Falsies definitely still stands as my favorite mascara, but this one's also worth a shot. It's super dark and pigmented - almost like ink, so with that said, it gets pretty messy to apply, which I think is the main reason that I prefer the Falsies far better. 

Wet n Wild 1-Step Wonder Gel in Stay Classy
I don't know how many nail polishes I own of this color, but I guess I'm just a sucker for these deep nude, rosy shades. I think they go well with any look or outfit, and this formula in particular is quite long-lasting.

LA Girl Pro Conceal HD Concealers in 991 Yellow Corrector, 992 Green Corrector, 972 Natural, & 973 Creamy Beige
Maybelline's Age Rewind concealer remains as my holy grail underye concealer because it doesn't crease no matter what, but I needed one to completely cover the blemishes and redness all over my face, so I bought this set for a great deal of only $10 overall! They're undoubtedly full-coverage concealers, which I think is perfect for scarring and any other imperfections. My favorite one out of the 4 is definitely the green corrector because it's covers up all my redness, veins, and little blemishes completely.
Wet n Wild Contouring Palette in Dulce de Leche
Not that I needed any more contour palettes, especially having a full set of contour shades from NYX, but this was so affordable and highly acclaimed that I couldn't resist. Safe to say that there was no disappointment at all because it's absolutely stunning and very user-friendly. The texture's so smooth but also quite powdery, which I think is what makes it so easy to blend. The color's also nearly the perfect shade for contouring because it's got a nice amount of cool tones.

Enticing Ways (Stone)
I've been wanting to buy some lace-up, open-toed booties that I can wear casually and formally at the same time, and I happened to find the perfect pair at Lola Shoetique. I don't have anything in this color either, so this has definitely been an essential for me especially for school.

That concludes this month's faves! I've got a massive clothing and beauty haul coming up very soon, so stay tuned for that. They're long overdue, so I apologize for lagging so much! Anyway, thanks for stopping by - catch you on my next one!
xoxo,
post signature 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top