Summer to Fall Makeup Look


Fall is fast approaching but if you live anywhere near southern California, the weather pretty much says it's still summer, so my full-on fall makeup routine hasn't kicked in quite yet. With that in mind, here's a relatively neutral look that incorporates both summer and fall elements. Read more for photos and all the products I used!



Face

Starting off with a thoroughly cleansed face, it's been quite crucial for me lately to apply face primer before anything else because it provides a much smoother canvas for my foundation especially when I'm using a dense brush. After priming, I apply a matte foundation with my holy grail blending brush by first dotting the product on various areas of my face and then buffing it in circular motions to avoid streak marks. To highlight the high points of my face and conceal some blemishes and redness, I applied Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind Eraser underneath my eyes, all over my cheek bones, the center of my forehead, bridge of my nose, cupid's bow, and chin and blended it using a beauty sponge. To set everything in place and keep my face matte all day, I dusted some of the Banana powder using a big fluffy brush.
Eyes
Daiso False Eyelashes
Oh My Lens Contact Lenses (Pop 3 Gray - 3 Tone Gray)

My favorite part when I'm doing a full makeup look is probably the eyes, perhaps because it's what gives me my signature look. Trust me, I would not look the same without those cat eyes! Anyway, I typically do my eyebrows first using my favorite brow gel from Anastasia. I then go over any of the unfilled areas with a matte brown eyeshadow (Faint) from the Naked Basics palette which also sets the gel in place. I brushed some of NYX's tinted brow mascara to slightly bring down the intensity of the pigment since it's quite easy to go overboard with the pomade. Moving on to the eyeshadow, I did my usual warm and neutral smokey eye with Naked as a base, Buck as a transition shade all over my crease, and Darkhorse to deepen the outer corners. I also added a little bit of that underneath my lower lash line for a more smokey effect. Once everything's blended, I draw a thick winged line using a matte liquid eyeliner and fill in my waterline as well with a gel eyeliner. Mascara's always a must, so I applied a generous amount after curling my lashes and added some dramatic falsies as an extra. Lastly, I dotted a little bit of a golden highlight on the inner corners.
Cheeks
Benefit Hoola Bronzer
NYX Highlight & Contour Pro Palette
Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush in Exposed
Colourpop Super Shock Cheek Highlight in Lunch Money
e.l.f. Studio Baked Highlighter in Moonlight Pearls

To sculpt my face and add more definition, I used a contour brush to apply the Hoola Bronzer first to add some warmth all over the hollows of my cheeks and proceeded with a darker taupe shade from the NYX palette right underneath my cheekbones for a sharp, chiseled look. I also applied some of the Hoola Bronzer on the sides of my nose to make it look slightly slimmer and a bit of highlight to bring out the height of my bridge. I dusted a neutral mauve blush on the apples of my cheeks and topped off my cheek bones with my holy grail highlighter - Colourpop's Lunch Money - plus a touch of e.l.f.'s baked highlighter to further intensify the glow.
Lips
Rimmel Lip Liner in Ravish
Sephora Cream Lip Stain in Always Red
Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip in Bumble

Lastly, the fiery red lips! I typically don't stray from muted, nude reds but I felt a bit bold today and went for a true red. I started off by overlining my lips with a similar shade and filling them in completely so the lipstick will last longer. I own quite a few red lipsticks but I ended up revisiting an oldie - Sephora's Cream Lip Stain - which was actually my very first matte liquid lipstick! However, it seemed a little too bright for a fall transition look, so I layered a more muted shade - Colourpop's Bumble - which is my current holy grail lipstick. As you can see, this combination gave me some really pouty lips!

That concludes this simple summer-to-fall transition routine using a fair balance of drugstore and high-end products! I hope you enjoyed this post as I'll definitely try to do more makeup looks. 'Til next time!
xoxo,
post signature 

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. You look stunning! Thanks for sharing a transitional makeup look, really like your lip colour
    Feel free to check out our newest post x
    http://looklovewear.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/ootd-minimal.html

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top