Review: L'Oreal Miss Manga Rock Mascara

L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Miss Manga Rock Mascara
I've been on a mascara kick lately especially after running out of my all-time favorite Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara from Tarte. Since that one's quite pricey though, I turned to the drugstore and found this brand new release from L'Oreal. Keep reading to find out if it's my new all-time favorite!

Packaging

Unlike the original Miss Manga mascara, the wand doesn't bend so those who hate that product for that reason will probably end up liking this one more. It also has really short rubber bristles which makes the application process quite easy and it's also what gives you that thick spidery look.

Performance

As you can see, my bare lashes have some length and a natural curl but they practically have no volume, which this mascara clearly adds especially on my lower lashes. I know the spidery look isn't everyone's preference, but I'm actually kind of digging it although I still very much prefer that voluminous, wispy look that the Tarte "Lights, Camera, Lashes" provides. That being said, this isn't my holy grail mascara of all time, but it is for drugstore. 

Pros
It provides ample volume (but definitely not the natural fluttery kind), incredibly intense pigmentation, a long-lasting curl, and no messy fall-outs. Just like how it's advertised, it gives you bold, rocker eyelashes that are meant to look rugged and spiky, so if you don't like how that looks, then you really shouldn't have bought this because they clearly displayed how this mascara works. It's truly an interesting one, so if you're someone who likes a lot of drama on your lashes, I absolutely recommend this. It instantly defines and lengthens them and obviously adds a great amount of thickness. I love how it looks on my lower lashes as well because it widens my eyes even more and makes the look more dramatic.

Cons
One of the very few cons I could think of is how it can get clumpy after the second coat, but then again, the claims pretty much tell you that beforehand, so if that's something to complain about, then don't even bother getting this because it will separate your lashes a little too much if you apply more than enough... though that's kind of the look they're going for as you can tell from the promo images. Also, be careful with the application because it has quite a wet formula. It does set super quickly though, so the application process isn't really a hassle. One more thing to consider is that this hardens my lashes like no other mascara I've ever tried, mainly because it's so darn thick! I feel like my lashes could fall off whenever I curl them after applying this mascara, but luckily they never do... but that's just something to note if you have thin fragile lashes.

Honestly, with this product, it all comes down to personal preference because all the claims on the packaging are actually spot-on. It's just a matter of whether you like this daring, spiky look or not! I know I personally do because my lashes certainly need a lot of volume, so I'll be wearing this one for a long time on an everyday basis. Hope this review helped!

xoxo,
post signature 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top