Review: 60 Days to Clearer Skin with Exposed Skincare


This whole kit sent by Exposed Skincare has been an integral part of my skin care regime for the past two months, so here's my review on all the products included. Read more for details!

Facial Cleanser - $15.95
Description
The Exposed facial cleanser is a rich yet gentle face wash that is soap-free, non-comedogenic and hypo-allergenic. It is packed with skin clearing ingredients including a special formulation of alpha & beta hydroxy acids and sage extract. It removes the oil and dirt from your face while penetrating your pores to kill acne causing bacteria and maintaining your skin's lipid layer. It does not contain any harsh and irritating detergents such as lauryl and laureth sulfates and is an important step in the Exposed acne treatment system.

Ingredients 
Salicylic Acid - Clears clogged pores 
Pro-Vitamin B5 - Regulates oil production 
Sage Extract - Detoxifies skin
Purified water, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium olefin sulfonate, acrylate copolymer, triethanolamine, propylene glycol, polyquaternium-7, panthenol, phenoxyethanol, disodium EDTA, fragrance oil, salvia officinalis (sage) leaf extract, citric acid

Thoughts
Out of all the products in the set, this is the only one I've been using daily because I have to cleanse my skin no matter what especially since I apply foundation, concealer, and pretty much any kind of face makeup almost every day. As the description says, this is meant for acne-prone skin which isn't exactly my skin type, but I do suffer occasional breakouts which I haven't experienced at all ever since using this product. It clears up my skin and reduces redness in a matter of days, which is incredibly impressive for a cleanser. The only thing is that it has a pretty strong chemical scent even though it doesn't contain harsh detergents. 

Clearing Tonic - $19.95
Description 
The Exposed Clearing Tonic penetrates pores to control blackheads and whiteheads while returning your skin to its natural healthy balance. The tonic also rejuvenates problem skin with essential extracts and prepares your skin for the Exposed Acne Treatment Serum. Paraben free. 

Ingredients
Salicylic Acid - Clears clogged pores 
Green Tea Extract - Heals & protects skin 
Passion Flower - Reduces inflammation 
Azelaic Acid - Normalizes cell turnover

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (1.0%) 
Inactive Ingredients: Purified water, glycolic acid, propylene glycol, hamamelis virginiana extract (witch hazel), dimethylethanolamine, phenoxyethanol, sodium Hydroxide, camellia sinensis leaf (green tea extract), passiflora edulis flower (passion flower extract), aloe barbadensis leaf extract, salvia officinalis (sage) leaf extract, fragrance oils

Thoughts
This is probably my least used product in the set because every time I incorporate it into my skin care routine, my face becomes extremely dry to the point that it hurts to make any major facial expressions. I don't particularly need this anyway because I don't really have problems with blackheads and whiteheads.

Clear Pore Serum - $19.95
 Description
The Exposed Clear Pore Serum is a lightweight gel that penetrates pores to control acne pimples and blackheads and rebalance your skin while you sleep. Natural extracts and antioxidants repair damaged skin for a healthy youthful look. 

Ingredients
Salicylic Acid - Clears clogged pores 
Green Tea Extract - Heals & protects skin 
Licorice Root - Reduces inflammation
Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (1.0%) 
Inactive Ingredients: Purified water, hamamelis virginiana distillate (witch hazel), glycerin, propylene glycol, peg 120 methyl glucose dioleate, polyquaternium-37, hydrogenated polydecene, tricedeth-6, spiraea ulmaria extract (meadowsweet), glycyrrhiza glabra root extract (licorice), basil oil, camellia sinensis leaf extract (green tea), dl panthenol, fragrance, phenoxyethanol

Thoughts
I mainly apply this on areas with large pores such as my nose, the skin surrounding it, and my forehead in an attempt to reduce the pore size, but it's not too effective on that aspect. I think it's only meant to clear up clogged pores, which I feel like the cleanser already does itself, so I don't feel the need to apply this every single day. However, it does feel like it repairs my skin and makes it tighter and more youthful.

Acne Treatment Serum - $19.95
Description
The Exposed Acne Treatment Serum is formulated with the latest and most advanced acne fighting ingredients. Helps prevent new acne blemishes and whiteheads. 

Ingredients
Benzoyl Peroxide - Kills acne bacteria 
Green Tea Extract - Heals & protects skin 
Tea Tree Oil - Promotes healing
Active Ingredient: Benzoyl Peroxide (3.5%) 
Inactive Ingredients: Water, glycerin, propanediol, carbomer, camellia oleifera leaf extract (green tea extract), melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) leaf oil, phenoxyethanol, ethylhexylglycerin, disodium EDTA, sodium hydroxide

Thoughts
If you experience regular acne breakouts, I think this will really help out because not only does it eliminate blemishes but it also prevents them. As I said, I haven't had a breakout since establishing this new skin care regime, and I think a huge reason for that is this product. I usually only apply this when I have pimples or on areas where my skin would typically form blemishes, and I've found it to be very effective that way. The bumps would subside in only a couple of days and they're completely gone in less than a week, which I personally think is quite impressive.
Derm-X Cloth - $9.95
Description
The Derm-X Cloth is a great way to improve skin tone, reduce blemishes and firm up those problem areas. Derm-X is a dermatologist approved microdermabrasion cloth that is proven to exfoliate dead skin cells, remove cosmetics, oil, and dirt. It also eliminates blackheads & white heads! The DERM-X Cloth is great at bringing young and beautiful skin to the surface. Regular use also helps with skin discoloration, sun damage and even minor scarring. The Derm-X cloth is a small but important step in the Exposed acne treatment system.

Thoughts
I honestly think this little cloth is just a gimmick because it doesn't feel that much different than a normal face cloth. It is extremely soft and exfoliates really well, but as far as "improving skin tone, removing blemishes, and eliminating blackheads & white heads"? That's a bit far-fetched for a cloth.

Overall Thoughts
To get all five products with an amazing deal, Exposed sells their Basic Kit for only $49.95 which I think is a worthwhile discount! Since my skin isn't acne-prone though, I wasn't able to see dramatic results in a matter of two months, but I'm positive that it will provide a much better experience for someone who suffers with severe breakouts. However, I definitely do not recommend this to dry skin types because it will only make it worse. Other than that (and the strong chemical scent), I have ni complaints and I will certainly keep using these!

Thanks for reading, and I'll catch you in my next one.
xoxo,
post signature 

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. This comes across as an interesting post that solves out or rather focuses on benefits of phenoxyethanol as a component for safe skin

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top