Review: #Eyelove SF Eyeshadow Quad by SoothingSista x Memebox

I'm beyond excited to announce that I'm officially one of Memebox's ambassadors, which means I get to have early access to test some of their newest products! This lovely eyeshadow quad happens to be their latest release and it's in collaboration with the stunning Stephanie Villa of SoothingSista, who is one of my absolute favorite Youtubers. Read more for my thoughts on the product!

Overview
The #eyelove SF Eyeshadow Quad includes essential colors of rose-hued neutrals that create versatile looks. SOOTHINGSISTA named each color after her favorite places of San Francisco, California. Long-lasting, blendable formula with double coated technology. 
Paraben free. Cruelty free.
Price: $17

Packaging

If there's anything that drew me to Stephanie's channel, it's her edgy style and bold looks, which she definitely incorporated into this palette. The eyeshadows are placed in a sleek matte compact with cool graffiti text that aptly reflects the city life of San Francisco, which by the way was her whole inspiration in creating this palette. It also comes with a decently sized mirror, so it's certainly great for traveling. There's a little sponge applicator as well which I'll probably never use (does anyone even use those things?).

Color Selection

Although rose tones aren't typically my everyday go-to eyeshadows, I find these shades absolutely stunning. They're perfect for special occasions like weddings or even for regular days especially in the springtime. 

Sutro is described as a matte "light dusty rose" though it seems more like a light muted tan on my lids. Nonetheless, it's the perfect all-over color and a great blending shade as well. 
Valencia is a matte "medium pinky brown" that makes a great transition shade for a romantic rosy smokey eye look. I don't think I have anything like this shade at all, so I'm quite glad to have this new addition.
Candy Rain is a "metallic rose shimmer with silver micro-glitter," which is also a unique addition to my eyeshadow collection. It'll probably be the one I'll be using the least simply because I prefer my darker shades matte.
Bae Area is a "metallic pink shimmer with iridescent glitter," which is your classic shimmery champagne shade but with an excessive amount of sparkle.

Pigmentation & Swatches
Sutro, Valencia, Candy Rain, Bae Area
As you can see, the shades are meant to be very subtle and neutral, so don't expect a crazy amount of pigmentation in one swatch. The colors do blend seamlessly though and are quite buildable. My favorite is definitely Valencia because it's such a gorgeous transition color for a soft everyday smokey eye. It's what I have right underneath my brow bone.

Texture
The first thing I noticed upon swatching the eyeshadows is the insanely smooth texture of the matte shades. It's so incredibly smooth that there's not even a slightest bit of fallout even if I swirl my brush around the pans. The powders are extremely buttery and finely milled, which is the most amazing texture I've ever come across in an eyeshadow palette. The shimmer shades are obviously a lot coarser, but there's still no fallout which is quite surprising considering how chunky the glitters are.

In a Nutshell
I'm completely head over heels for this palette! I'm loving it a lot more than I expected since the shades aren't exactly what I gravitate towards on a daily basis, but now that I have this amazing palette, I'll definitely play around with rosy hues a lot more. The shadows also last a decent amount of time which is very impressive for such light neutral colors. I applaud Stephanie for coming up with such an incredible first product and of course Memebox for making it happen. Thank you again for letting me be part of this partnership!

Hope you enjoyed this review! Catch you on my next one.
xoxo,
post signature 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top