Review: Sephora Birthday Gift 2014


As I said on my birthday haul post, this set is my favorite Sephora gift by far. Luckily, I got the VIB Rouge edition, which includes an additional eyeliner. Read more for my thoughts on these Make Up For Ever samples!

Smoky Extravagant Mascara


I've never really been too crazy about mascara, so I don't have much to say about this. It does seem volumizing though, but I'll have to wear it more often to see its other aspects.

Rouge Artist Natural N9 Copper Pink

As I've said several times, I typically only gravitate towards matte lipsticks, but this one looks absolutely stunning that the shine doesn't even bother me at all. It's the perfect "my lips but better" color, and it's incredibly moisturizing and natural-looking. The shade is almost exactly like my favorite  nail color (which I'm wearing on the photos above)! I doubt that it lasts very long because of the glossy texture, but I think it's meant for everyday wear or running errands, so this will definitely be my new go-to for when I'm outside the house for a short period of time.
Aqua Eyes Matte Black



I've never been a fan of pencil eyeliners (which I explained in my Eyeliner 101 post), but this is probably the most decent one I've owned. It's still not as pigmented as I hoped considering that it's a soft crayon, but it seems to live up to its waterproof claim so far. I guess I was just hoping for it to give an Urban Decay 24/7 effect, but that's just me since I like the look of super opaque, jet black eyeliner on my waterline.

Anyway, those are my brief thoughts on this year's Sephora's birthday gift. I'm very thankful and I love them all nonetheless... especially because I got the more exclusive edition.
Thank you, Sephora!
xoxo,
post signature

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

Back
to top