I received this face scrub exfoliant from OZ Naturals through Brandbacker, and I gotta say that it's definitely been good to my skin for these past few weeks. Read more for details!
About the Brand
"OZ Naturals is a leader in natural skincare. We formulate the most effective anti aging products on the market. Our products are cruelty-free, paraben free, sulfate free, mineral oil free, lanolin free and gluten free."
About the Product
- OZ Naturals Dermafoliant utilizes bamboo to gently exfoliate skin and unclog pores without irritation, drying or stripping.
- This face scrub contains Lactic Acid further helps the exfoliation process by breaking down and removing dead skin cells, revealing the glow of healthy skin beneath, and assists in reducing fine lines, wrinkles and other signs of premature aging from sun damage.
- Another key ingredient, Green Tea Extract, is rich in antioxidants and helps to prevent collagen breakdown as well as tone and protect the skin from the damaging effect of free radicals.
- The Pro-vitamin B5 in our scrub is readily absorbed by the skin and penetrates deep down, retaining moisture and relieving dry, irritated skin, and Alpha Lipoic Acid provides anti-inflammatory effects reducing redness and blotchiness, shrinking pore size and imparting a healthy radiance to the skin
- Safe for all skin types, our bamboo exfoliant is all natural and paraben free
Bamboo: a rich source of silica, which is an essential nutrient in keeping the skin and hair healthy. Bamboo extract also offers anti-irritant properties, soothing the skin when applied directly through topical skin care products. It also contains anti-oxidants, helping to minimize wrinkles and naturally boost youthful radiance.
Alpha Lipoic Acid: a strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory that has skin-rejuvenating benefits. Alpha lipoic acid can also help to prevent oxidative damage caused by the sun, and is well-absorbed and able to enter skin cells without breaking down.
Lactic Acid: Lactic acid is an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA). AHAs are acids derived from foods, and work to improve skin's texture through exfoliation. AHAs encourage the skin to slough off its old, dead skin cells revealing the glow of healthy skin cells hidden underneath. They may also help firm up sagging skin, fine lines and wrinkles by promoting collagen growth in the deeper layers of your skin.
Pro Vitamin B-5: As a humectant, provitamin B-5 stabilizes the skin's barrier function, reducing the amount of water lost through the skin. This vitamin not only increases skin's hydration but it also helps to improve its softness and elasticity, making provitamin B5 ideal for the treatment of dry, scaly or rough skin.
Wet face with warm water. Shake powder into palm of hand and add a few drops of water to create a thick paste. Gently rub the paste over skin for 20 seconds. Do not apply too much pressure or scrub too deep as this will damage your skin. Allow the scrub to sit on your skin for up to 2 minutes as this will allow the lactic acid to further exfoliate your skin. Rinse with warm water. Can be used once per day.
I was already impressed just from the first use because it instantly softened my skin after application. While the exfoliation process isn't the most pleasant because of the super coarse texture, the results are worth it. Something you should expect beforehand is that it smells and feels like rice grains which is why it's not the most pleasant experience, but that's kind of what an exfoliator should feel like so it shouldn't be surprising. It took me a couple days to figure out how to use it effectively, and I found that the best way that works for me is by applying a quarter-sized amount on my palm and literally putting a drop of water on it, mix it a little until it becomes a thin paste, and scrub it gently on my face for a good 5 minutes. After that, my skin instantly feels radiant, smooth, and supple. Prior to the routine, my face typically has these dry bumps but once I finish exfoliating, they're completely gone and skin feels incredibly soft! I always follow up with an Argan oil for best results especially on the drier areas of my face, and so far I haven't experienced any dry patches ever since I incorporated this into my skincare routine. It also unclogs my pores really well which is important to me because I wear tons of makeup almost every day, so a good scrub like this is definitely a necessity. With all that said, I absolutely recommend this product. It'll certainly be part of skincare regime until I run out of it which will probably be a good while.