Collective Beauty Haul: Mac, Target, Ulta, ColourPop + More!


Now that I live just across a plaza with a Target, Ulta, Bath & Body Works, and a Bed, Bath & Beyond all in near vicinity, it's virtually impossible for me to resist buying something almost every week, so that should explain the overwhelming amount of items I'll be showing in this haul. As usual, this is a collective haul, which means that I purchased everything in a span of several months. With that cleared up, here are all the beauty products that I picked up for fall and winter!

Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation in Buff Beige - Target
Everything about this foundation is incredible especially for a drugstore product, but the only thing that's keeping me from calling it a holy grail is the color mismatch. They really need to make true yellow-based shades for us Asians!

NYC Expert Last Lipstick in Creamy Caramel - Target
I bought this in hopes of acquiring a super inexpensive dupe for Mac's Velvet Teddy, but it showed up a lot more sheer and glossy than I anticipated. Oh well, you get what you pay for.

Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liners in Epic and Addiction - Target
In yet another attempt to achieve the infamous Kylie Jenner lip color, I got a deep rusty nude lip liner that I like to layer underneath a matte nude lipstick. I mentioned this in my September favorites which you might have seen previously. I also got another one in Addiction, which was heavily inspired by Ariana Grande's "Love Me Harder" music video and her gorgeous sultry makeup. That one's a true mauve which is quite versatile and especially suitable for winter. 

Maybelline Color Sensational The Mattes Lipstick in Touch of Spice - Target
If you've been an avid reader of this blog, you'd already know that I can't resist a good matte lipstick. Maybelline launched a creamy matte lipstick line fairly recently, and I grabbed yet another deep berry color that's very reminiscent of my beloved Revlon matte balm in Sultry and Wet 'n Wild's Spiked with Rum. This is definitely the "me" color, so any makeup brand that comes out with a shade that's anything like this gets my stamp of approval (and money). It's the perfect shade of a deeper "my lips but better," and the formula is just incredibly moisturizing and silky for a matte finish. It also lasts the whole day even after a full meal!

Acrylic Lipstick Organizer - Amazon
I was super stoked to win Anna-Marie's awesome giveaway because I got to receive another makeup organizer that holds my lipsticks perfectly. Thank you again! Check out her lovely blog here!

Pantene Pro-V Overnight Miracle Repair Serum - Target
It's actually been getting cold lately, so I definitely need more moisture on my damaged hair, particularly on my split ends. I've been using this every night, and it really keeps my hair soft and fragrant throughout the day. I can't quite tell if the "repairing" properties are effective, but I still try to incorporate it into my nighttime hair routine.
Bath & Body Works Fragrance Mist in Beautiful Day
I ran out of my trustee Sweat Pea body spray, so I thought I'd try a different fragrance for a change. My sister recommended this one, and I've been absolutely loving the fresh cucumber scent. I got it in lotion form as well!

Ardell Wispies - Ulta
You might've already seen this in my September favorites which obviously indicates that I'm head over heels for these lashes. I've worn several brands of falsies before, but none of them gave the same wispy effect that really opens up my eyes, making them even larger. Whenever I have extra time in the morning, I always pop these on especially when I'm wearing a relatively neutral look.

Ardell Demi Lashes - Ulta
I had to take advantage of Ulta's sale on Ardell lashes, so I got this twin pack for only $3.99. They look just like the wispies but less dramatic, which is even more perfect for everyday use. Hands down my favorite so far!

Mac Pro Longwear Foundation in NC25 - Mac Cosmetics
So I went to a Mac counter one day just to get color-matched but I somehow ended up actually buying the product, so I guess you could say that it was quite a reckless impulse buy. I regretted it the whole day considering that this foundation was way above my price range, but right when I applied it on my face and actually wore it out for several hours, I was utterly impressed by how long-wearing it really is and how it works so well for my severely oily skin. It also completely eliminates the appearance of my visible pores, and the shade couldn't be more accurate for my strongly yellow-toned skin. I can finally say that I've now found my holy grail (high-end) foundation!

L'Oreal Telescopic Shocking Extensions Mascara in Carbon Black - Target
Here's another impulse buy during one of my weekly trips to Target. As I said quite a few times already, eyelashes used to be the least of my concerns until I saw the vast difference that the Ardell wispies gave, so I thought I'd try to achieve the same effect with just a mascara. I gotta say though, I'm slightly disappointed despite that this might be a whole lot better than any of my mascaras. I guess I just had high hopes from the reviews and photos I saw online. I do think it'll work wonders on eyelashes that are already long to begin with, but I clearly don't have that. Nonetheless, I still enjoy this product as it does make a relatively noticeable difference.

NYC Liquid Eyeliner in Black - Target
I finally used up my Maybelline Stiletto eyeliner, so I figured I'd buy something else since that one wasn't exactly the best in the drugstore. I went to Ulta and Rite Aid specifically to look for Pixel's or Jesse's Girl's because they were said to be dupes for the highly raved Kat Von D tattoo eyeliner, but both were sadly unavailable, so I settled for NYC which I actually ended up loving. It's the only drugstore eyeliner I've tried that dries to a truly matte finish! It also has a thin brush tip that makes it incredibly easy to draw a perfect wing.

Maybelline Color Show in Mauve in Manhattan & Sinful Colors nail color in Rain Storm - Target
I haven't bought nail polishes in a while, so I got this gorgeous muted mauve color that's perfect for fall and another one in my favorite shade of blue which I thought was great for the holidays.

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Rum Raisin - Target
Yes, I bought yet another lipstick that's about the same shade as half of my collection. There's just something about brown-based reds and pinks that I can't get enough of. To be fair, this one is significantly different from Revlon's matte balm in Sultry, Maybelline's matte lipstick in Touch of Spice, and Wet 'n Wild's Spike with Rum because it definitely has no hint of pink to it. It's a flat out red with a brown undertone, but it's not nearly as intense as it looks on the bullet. It's more of a natural everyday red rather than a bold one.

Neutrogena Oil-free Eye Makeup Remover - Target
I never cared much for makeup removers. I usually just buy those $1.50 makeup wipes from Daiso which seemed to work fine, but it wasn't until I used this oil-based formula that made me shift away from makeup wipes. This literally takes off my waterproof makeup in just one swipe!
Top row from Klenspop: Promo BrownEXY 3 Color BrownTOP+ Brown, Clear Color Queen CV24
Bottom row from Klenspop: Style Brown, Circle Color Gray, GBT 2 Tone Gray, GBT 2 Tone Brown
Middle row from Oh My Lens: Gimme 3 Color Hazel, Ahene 3 Color Gray
Klenspop and Oh My Lens sent me several pairs of contact lenses to review, and I've been loving them especially because they come with prescription. However, I'm pretty sure nobody needs these many pairs of colored contact lenses, so I'm taking a break from reviewing them... at least until I get a new prescription which is much needed at this point. Anyway, click the names in the caption for all the reviews I did!

Migwang Brown - Kpop2
I also bought a pair from a different site that offers even cheaper contact lenses. Regular prescription lenses can get a bit pricey, so I thought I'd wear these for the time being since it has a life span of a year. If you didn't already know, I'm absolutely intrigued by honey/hazel eyes, so I obviously had to go for a natural light brown tone. Unfortunately, these don't give nearly as much pigmentation as shown on the website, which is a major bummer because I paid a pretty steep price for shipping.

Geo Tri Color Brown Lenses (Berry Berry Chessy) - Lensvillage
This one, on the other hand, couldn't be any more perfect. It's incredibly opaque yet completely natural-looking, which is exactly what I've been looking for! Definitely one of my favorite purchases. Stay tuned for my January favorites to see how this looks on my dark brown eyes!

Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge - Ulta
I bought a new Real Techniques sponge because my dog completely tore apart my old one. This is my all-time favorite tool for blending foundation, so I can certainly see myself constantly repurchasing it.

Colourpop Lippie Stix in Lumière
KathleenLights has easily become one of my favorite beauty gurus on Youtube, so what better way to support her than by buying her very own lip color? Luckily, the color she created is exactly my kind of shade. As you've probably noticed in this haul or even in my entire blog, there's a particular family of shades that I gravitate towards, and this definitely falls under that category. This lipstick also has the best matte velvety formula, so it will certainly be a new staple in my lipstick collection. It also smells like sugar cookies! One little note though, this is the kind of shade that does not look the same on everyone, even with the slightest difference in skin tone. I expected more of reddish brown as seen on Kathleen rather than a muted plum on my lips, but regardless, it's a stunning color.

Maybelline FIT Me Concealer in Light - Target
This is actually one of the very first concealers I've ever owned, and since I haven't found a holy grail one yet, I figured I'd come back to this since it gets the job done for the most part.

Up & Up Renewal Cleanser - Target
I've been meaning to buy the Laneige cleanser for months now, but the steep price point is keeping me from investing in something that I'm not sure would even be worth it. I opted for an inexpensive one for now just to keep my face cleansed every day.

Maybelline FIT Me Matte + Poreless Foundation in 220 - Bed, Bath, & Beyond
I know that I'm not even remotely close to finishing my Mac Pro Longwear foundation (or any of my other foundations), but just in case I do, I wanted a holy grail drugstore option that works just as well. Check out my review here to find out if it's the next big thing (in the drugstore)!
e.l.f. Studio Baked Blush in Passion Pink - Bed, Bath, & Beyond
I also picked up this blush from Bed, Bath, & Beyond because I've recently been sucked back into my obsession with glowy skin, which is a huge step back from my whole all-matte craze in the past several months. Sad to say that this was disappointing for a baked blush, which I believe is supposed to be highly pigmented and creamy. Instead, all I got was a coarse sand-like texture with barely any color payoff even with 3 swipes.
e.l.f. Studio Baked Highlighter in Moonlight Pearls - Bed, Bath, & Beyond
I've recently reintroduced highlighter to my everyday makeup routine after my year-long obsession with everything matte. I think it's about time I put a little glow to my face! This highlighter is so flattering on yellow-toned skin because it adds a beautiful golden iridescence to the cheekbones. It's the perfect natural highlight! I also find it quite strange that it's significantly more pigmented the baked blush.

e.l.f. Eyelid Primer - Target
I noticed that the eyeshadows from the Naked Basics palette don't stay as long as desired, or at least not as pigmented throughout the day, so I thought I'd get an eyelid primer after completely using up my Urban Decay primer potion. I've heard pretty good things about this one, and it was only $1!

e.l.f. Eyelash Curler - Target
My partial eyelash curler from Daiso works fine, but it takes twice as long because it doesn't curl all of my lashes at the same time, so I got this $1 one from e.l.f., which actually impressed me a lot more than I expected.
Up & Up Nail Polish Remover - Target
I ran out of my Sally Hansen Kwik Off nail polish remover which I wasn't a huge fan of in the first place, so I got a new one from Up & Up. I expected to see a sponge inside like most dip removers, but it's actually filled with hard toothbrush-like bristles to make the removing process a whole lot easier. I'm quite impressed with this one so far, although I feel like it'll run out much more quickly because there's no sponge to store a great amount of product over time.

e.l.f. Mineral Booster in Corrective Yellow
I've been wanting to buy the highly raved about Ben Nye Banana powder for months now but it's still slightly above my budget, so I've been persistently looking for possible drugstore dupes. E.l.f.'s version seems to be a close one, so I ordered it from the website with a $5 coupon, which practically gave me a free deal. NYX also recently released a brand new banana powder but I haven't had any luck finding it anywhere, so I guess I'll have to wait.
Boxycharm December Box - "Boxy Belles"
Boxycharm sent me last month's box to review and I've been really enjoying the items. If you want to know more about them, read my review here.

Skin Food Cosmetics
My sister got me some Skinfood goodies for Christmas. I didn't even know they sold makeup there! Anyway, I have yet to try some of these, but I have been really into the cream blush. It's definitely more of a spring/summer product though because of the peachy color.

LA Colors Color Craze
One of my closest friends since elementary school got me this nail polish set for Christmas as well. She definitely got my holiday nails covered with all this glitter!

L'Oreal Infallible Pro Matte Gloss in Nude Allude - Rite Aid
There are tons of new arrivals at the drugstore, and a majority of them are lipsticks which is super exciting for me! Liquid lipsticks have been a huge trend in 2014, so I'm not surprised that so many drugstore brands are coming out with new ones. I picked up L'Oreal's new Pro-Matte "gloss" which I was super psyched about until I swatched it on my lips. Nude Allude is definitely nowhere near nude... it's a straight-up coral pink! I was expecting the color to be just like how it is on the tube, almost like another Touch of Spice from Maybelline or even a dupe for one of Girlactik's matte lip paints. The formula is quite nice though, but since the color just isn't something I'd reach for at all at this time of the year, it's sad to say that this is going back to Rite Aid.

Wet n Wild Megalast Liquid Lip Color in I Can Bare It - Rite Aid
I also got a much cheaper version from Wet 'n Wild, but I believe this has been out for a while now. This shade caught my attention because it seems like my kind of nude, but the formula is so awfully drying that my lips temporarily stick to each other and become super patchy. Yikes. It feels like an old lipstick that hasn't been used for years! This is obviously going back to the drugstore as well.

L'Oreal Paris Infallible 2-Step Lipstick in Everlasting Caramel - Target
Okay, I swear this is the last lipstick I'll be talking about in this haul. While many of the new lip products have been out in certain drugstores already, I was only able to find this one, and I'm quite surprised that I spotted it at Target since they usually get new releases after everyone else. This one is in the shade Everlasting Caramel, which is yet another muted mauve that's obviously right up my alley.

L'Oreal Superior Preference Lightest Ash Blonde
Last but not least, I bought these two hair dyes to experiment a little bit more with my hair. I've grown sick of having orange-tinted hair for years, so I thought I'd give light ash brown a try. Unfortunately, it did nothing to neutralize all the orange in my hair like it's supposed to, but on the bright side, I only needed one box so I got my $9 back!

That's it for this ridiculously huge haul. I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed buying everything. I've been meaning to get this out before the new year, but so many new promising products have been launched in the drugstore these past few weeks, so I apologize for the delay. You know it's hard for a beauty junkie to resist!

I'll catch you in my next one!
xoxo,
post signature

Share:

0 comments